Sunbed self service

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nixiesbeauty

Reaction score
Hi I can't find any info on this so sorry if the is

I am looking at getting a machine where clients can come in either put money in or a card and in return it gives you tokens for a sunbed session
Can anyone tell me what these machines are called and where I can get one from Tia Nikki xx

Can you actually get self service sunbeds? I would have thought that with all the current regulations on sunbed usage that they wouldnt exist as they would be open to over use etc.

Im genuinely interested as Ive never seen them :) xx

I have seen them Kwiktan use them
It's a machine that is topped up by the receptionist and you are free then to go in put your card in a machine and then tokens are dispensed and then you go into your sunbed
Don't get me wrong I think there is a receptionist about but you can get the tokens yourself

Ahh, years ago i used to go to a place where the receptionist gave you metal tokens that you put into a machine attached to the sunbed, you had about 30 seconds from the tokens dropping in, to the sunbed coming on so had to be quick to scramble on it lol. That was prob 15 years ago now tho, i thought everywhere was controlled by computer now days!

Is it so theres no cash in the till? Its all sored in the dispenser machine? Xx

Are you able to pop into where you have seen them & try & get the make/model name off the bed? Cx

I would check if these machines are still allowed to be used as there are new regulations meaning there has got to be a person checking the sunbeds times are not abused AND checking the age of the clients as it is illegal for underage people to use sunbeds.

These machines should not be in operation, the current law stands because of the abuse by teenagers using the incorrect amount and burning the skin. Please don't go down this route. xoxo

So are these machines illegal?? Just asking because my local kwik tan uses them and I never even realised they shouldn't be? You do have to fill in consultation forms and prove your age before registering but after that you're just given a card to top up and dispense your own tokens

Self service sunbeds are a no due to new regulations staff need to be there if you have sunbeds [emoji106]

Did anyone get any further with this? I'm also looking at getting a sunbed in so any recommendations of companies would be good. And a self service one even better. Of course they would need to fill out client card and check in before going through

Latest posts

Back