Sweat help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi hun
In my teens this started happening to me as well, I was always so embarrassed. I was diagnosed with hyperhydrosis which is over active sweat glands.
I had perspirex and driclor on prescription but it used to burn and itch like hell. In my mid 20s I was offered botox on the NHS and it's amazing. My under arms were bone dry for about 8 months.
I had it about 6 times and now I don't get it anymore but I don't sweat half as much. I also pay for Botox in my forehead for this reason as well.
As has been said try the perspirex first as it is really good but if it doesn't work then botox is an option but it is extremely painful as you have many many injections in each arm pit.
Hth

Oh god, did u go to the doctors about this, i know the injections are so expensive, im going to try the roll on first if it didnt work ill have to sort something out such an embarassement isnt it xx

Hi hun
In my teens this started happening to me as well, I was always so embarrassed. I was diagnosed with hyperhydrosis which is over active sweat glands.
I had perspirex and driclor on prescription but it used to burn and itch like hell. In my mid 20s I was offered botox on the NHS and it's amazing. My under arms were bone dry for about 8 months.
I had it about 6 times and now I don't get it anymore but I don't sweat half as much. I also pay for Botox in my forehead for this reason as well.
As has been said try the perspirex first as it is really good but if it doesn't work then botox is an option but it is extremely painful as you have many many injections in each arm pit.
Hth

I suffered with excess sweating as a teenager but thankfully I've grown out of it now. I also found that Driclor itched and burnt like mad! It worked a treat though, so I used to lie in bed with my arms clamped to my sides trying not to scratch it off! If you can bare the irritation it's fabulous stuff and after a couple of weeks I only needed to use it every few nights as a top up.

I used to use Driclor also, as a teenager, but the itching and burning got too much. My beauty lecturer recommended Anhydrol Forte which is similar to Driclor over the counter but it didn't irritate as much. I use it only on occasion now as it really helped and also use Sure Maximum the overnight one in between, again only needed occasionally now. I have heard of clients and colleagues who went down the botox route but ended up sweating a lot more everywhere else (feet, base of back, groin) x x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I find the Perspirex only itches and burns if I apply the same day as waxing or shaving? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh god, did u go to the doctors about this, i know the injections are so expensive, im going to try the roll on first if it didnt work ill have to sort something out such an embarassement isnt it xx

Yeah hun I went to the docs.
I didn't get ancillary sweating but it can happen.
The roll ons are deffo worth a try first.
Good luck hunni xx

I have just brought some from boots! 😊 xx

I used to use Anhydrol Forte from the doctors on prescription.
Roll on at night, wash off in morning. I did find it really itchy for the first 15 mins but fine after that

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yep- agree with recommendations on Perspirex. I also tried a product on line from Amazon called "odaban". It doesn't sting quite so much as the others AND- you can use on your face. Which is fab as no one likes a sweaty face 😱
Good luck xx

I use perspirex it's amazing stuff, I just have to be careful not to put too much on just tiny amount or if itches through the night which is annoying lol. And as has already been said most definitely avoid using it after waxing or shaving! But it really controls sweating and helps in certain clothes which I would have avoided wearing/felt uncomfortable in before xx

Totally agre with driclor. Had it growing up as a teenager. Luckly i dont have to use it anymore. It completely dries your underarms. You put it on before bed every other day but make sure you use a really moisturizing deodrant after as it can burn and sting if over used.

Kind Regards,
Ellis @EHB

We wear light green olives tunics at work and they're so clammy. Any moisture that you get on it is immediately visible.
I work in the window and the sun is directly over me between 9-1pm so I find I get patches under my arms because I'm that hot.
I use so much deodorant it's unreal! So when I do sweat the deodorant makes white marks too which I'd bad, I have to use vanish on them on every wash to make sure I get it out it's so annoying.
Just started using a strong mitchum deodorant which seems to be working it just smells weird though and it's meant to be unperfumed x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back