Swedish massage & manicure pricing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandywine

Reaction score
Hi,
At the moment I charge £30 an hour for massage and £26 for an hour manicure, these are based on prices in my local area. What I don't understand is why manicures, pedicures and often facials are priced at less than massage.

How I would work out my pricing is hourly rate, plus product and consumable usage. This should mean that manicures should be slightly more expensive than massage as I use more product, towels etc. But if I charged this I would be more expensive than local salons.

What is anyone else thoughts on this who do both beauty and holistic therapy's?

and thats why I don't do manis and pedis!!!!

Trained in it, saw all the work and products that went into it, saw how much I could charge for it, decided to stick to massage.

Hi,
At the moment I charge £30 an hour for massage and £26 for an hour manicure, these are based on prices in my local area. What I don't understand is why manicures, pedicures and often facials are priced at less than massage.

How I would work out my pricing is hourly rate, plus product and consumable usage. This should mean that manicures should be slightly more expensive than massage as I use more product, towels etc. But if I charged this I would be more expensive than local salons.

What is anyone else thoughts on this who do both beauty and holistic therapy's?
Don't you find though, that carrying out a massage is a lot more physically demanding? Much more exhausting than sitting down doing a nice manicure.
I charge £40 for an hour's massage and I put so much into it that I reckon I earn every penny. I couldn't do back-to-back massages but could easily carry out 3 or 4 manicures one after another. I could probably complete a mani/pedi in slightly less time too.

totally agree with you, massaging is physically exhausting, i put up my price for a full body so that it would be worth my while, again i could not do back to back back massages all day, but doing manicures and pedicures is easy work comparing. I started out doing only holistics and my wrists are a bit shot and i would get very tired, so i introduced beauty which gives me a break and makes me move my body differently as well as variety and having lots of fun with other products if your a product junkie like moi....
im not sure how the whole hourly rate works... cause for example it takes me half an hour to do a eyebrow wax, shape at only £6 because that is the going rate around here, what am i supposed to do, bump it up to £15 because that is what my hourly rate would be...??? i guess one way of bumping up profit is introducing spray tanning, £20-£25 for say 10 minutes work, and not hard work at that....

Yes I think perhaps you are right, I was purely going on time and product/consumable usage. I do get more tired doing massage, although a lot less since using injury prevention techniques.

Latest posts

Back