T - Section

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rees

Reaction score
Hello

I wanted some tips on doing some colour techniques how does everyone do a T - section when being asked to to it, i had been taught to take about 3 inch wide section from the front hairline to below the crown, then about half way from the top of ear to the bottom.

I don't always like the effect it can sort of look abit streaky if the person as a centre parting, just wanted to know another way of doing these.

Thanks

Hello

I wanted some tips on doing some colour techniques how does everyone do a T - section when being asked to to it, i had been taught to take about 3 inch wide section from the front hairline to below the crown, then about half way from the top of ear to the bottom.

I don't always like the effect it can sort of look abit streaky if the person as a centre parting, just wanted to know another way of doing these.

Thanks

diagonal sections are good for a more natural look....sometimes it takes a bit longer but you can also get closer to the front hairline this way so its handy if the client wears her hair up. :)

diagonal sections are good for a more natural look....sometimes it takes a bit longer but you can also get closer to the front hairline this way so its handy if the client wears her hair up. :)

Hi thanks

Is that what they call the Herring bone section, i've never had a go doing it only read about it in a book.

How would you do that.

Hi thanks

Is that what they call the Herring bone section, i've never had a go doing it only read about it in a book.

How would you do that.

not sure about herringbone...could be?

search youtube, im sure youll find some good videos on there, hard to explain in writing

not sure about herringbone...could be?

search youtube, im sure youll find some good videos on there, hard to explain in writing

Hi there

I've only heard about the herring bone section by reading some books, it's abit more advanced then the T-section.

Okay just seen Myhairdressing.com, fantastic demo done by Tracy Hayes for the Herringbone section it's like the T section but adding more sections for a half head highlights, plus a 7 day free trail by Myhairdressing which i just done to watch the Demo. :)

Last edited:
How much is it after that?

It's either 10 pounds a month or one off payment 75. Havent joined yet myself but will be.

Try doing finer sections and weaving clearly, wither do it slightly at an angle all the way up or you could try just foiling the way the hair falls naturally (directional) so put parting in and do foils that way, this way does not go striped at all!

If having a full head I will put centre parting in, the section off the sides just behind the ear, then take the back section prob about 3-4cm if doing t-section or half of it for half head, obviously all for full.

then put foils in normally on the back then when it comes to sides I work all the way from bottom to top the same way as at the back, I don't put foils in from forehead to crown, u know the ones that stand up ? Make sense? And I always have a great result and it's better if the client wears her hair up alot of the time.

hey thanks for your replies,

I will note them done and try it out.

If they wear ther hair back I usually offer to put a few on the hairline so it looks like a full head when up xoxo

Latest posts

Back