Ta-dah!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercury

Reaction score
I started my Creative course a week and a half ago (3 days total now), and I just wanted to share my 2nd hand of L&P! (see below) The first few nails were the veritable 'bricks' that everyone refers to, but I have learned to thin out those white smiles at last.

It took me 2hrs 20mins, and I have to pick up my speed swiftly but overall I'm pleased. After my first efforts, I admit I was feeling a bit downhearted, but with the help of my teacher and very much the tutorials and forums here on The Nail Geek, I have made big improvements in a week. Particularly Scattyfox's reference to GMG's tips on easier smile application (the "V" idea) just yesterday in another thread (Thank you - that has helped me enormously!!)

I still have a long way to go, but I'm feeling positive that I'll get there :) Thanks geeks!

Mercury

ps. the pic is a little fuzzy cos i only had my palm pilot on me at the time...but you get the idea...

Well done, they look great and 2 1/2 hours aint bad at all. I had a go at L&P...oh my word its alot harder than it looks, so hats off to you. xxx

WOW - and only 3 days!!! Those look better than nails I see at shows from teks who have been in the industry for a long time!! Keep the attention to detail up, great work!!! Well Done!

You must be a 'born' nail geek. Well done, they look fabaroony.

Shame your pic is a bit fuzzy but, from what I can see you should be mighty proud of those :)
As for your time, you sound like you are doing pretty darn good to me!!!
well done!

your time is amazing, you should be very proud, they look great.
xx

well done you, they look really good, nice smile lines, keep up your good work!

Thanks so much guys! I appreciate the support :)

Just to be clear, it took me 2hrs 20mins for the one hand only, which means it would have taken me 4hrs 40mins if I'd done a full set (I wasn't sure if that was a bit unclear in my original message)... But i'm going to do my first fullset this coming week, with my aim being as close to 3hrs as I can get.

We don't have a proper camera after being broken into last year, but I really ought to buy a digi-cam asap.

anyway, thanks again :D

Mercury

your application is far more more important than how long it takes you when you first start. getting it right is what matters :D
I, like the others, assumed the time was for the whole set but they look extremely good for your first time. Keep up your great work and your time will reduce on it's own as you gain confidence and techniques.
xxx

Latest posts

Back