taking my cv round salons - any tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looby4444

Reaction score
hi guys

Im taking my cvs round salons on saturday has any one got any tips about the cv im writing or what i should say?

lou x

Hi!

If you have a digital camera maybe you could add a page to show the quality of nails you produce.

xxx

List all your qualifications, along with copies of your certificates as well as photographs of some nails you have done, ideally before and after shots and a small resume of your experience to date and what you want to achieve in the salon. Good luck!

looby4444 said:
hi guys

Im taking my cvs round salons on saturday has any one got any tips about the cv im writing or what i should say?

lou x

Hi Lou

Dont make it too complicated to look at, the more simple the better. Put your most recent jobs first - in date order and dont babble on.

I used to work for an agency and the amount of CV's that I picked up and put down because they were complicated was unbelievable.

Good Luck :biggrin:

ALSO....

sorry for babbling on but as Chris said list ALL your qualifications (even if it is not relevant to the job you are applying for) it makes you look like you are willing to learn. List them in date order, with the qualification gained and where you have taken it eg college

and put your name, address and contact details clearly at the top.

As an employer, I am looking for someone who is 'willing' and 'able'....so, yes ensure you have all your training, qualifications and experience written down...but I would also add a couple of sentences at the end saying how you are as an employee...are you willing to learn new skills, ways of working, etc? are you willing to 'muck in' and help the team with whatever needs done? are you willing to do a bit of extra time, etc? Something that says a bit more about you as a person is the thing that might make me more likely to follow up a cv when we're looking for someone...Very best of luck!!!!!:biggrin:

Make sure your nails look STUNNING when you start your rounds, its the first thing people look at!

Also bear in mind that Saturday can be busy and you might not get a lot of time with each salon manager, you could try a quieter day in the week?

I would also recommend taking a card from each salon, noting down the name of the manager and making a follow up call middle of the following week to see if they have any questions they would like to ask you, this way, if your CV has slipped under the desk diary it comes back up to the top again!

Very best of luck!

Naomi

Any response honey????

Latest posts

Back