Tanning Legalities

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SabrinaD

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Received my pop up spray tanning tent this morning - what fun I had with that but think I may have mastered it now - ok semi mastered it!!!!

I am having a home demo with Tantrick at the beginning of December but in the meantime was wondering if you could let me know what are the legalities needed eg client cards, insurance. Did do a SolGlo training course a while back dont think it covered everything as thouroulghy as it should have.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

THanks

Sabrina

I trained with Sudo they advised me to get insurance but if you already have a professional beauty insurance cover you should be covered.
Pretty sure its only for the products you have trained in already tho.

SabrinaD said:
Hi Folks,

Received my pop up spray tanning tent this morning - what fun I had with that but think I may have mastered it now - ok semi mastered it!!!!

I am having a home demo with Tantrick at the beginning of December but in the meantime was wondering if you could let me know what are the legalities needed eg client cards, insurance. Did do a SolGlo training course a while back dont think it covered everything as thouroulghy as it should have.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

THanks

Sabrina

I have insurance that covers me for all the nail procedures, waxing and tanning that I do, I also keep client record cards as that is state on the insurance as a must, to protect myself if nothing else. If I train in any new procedure then I just inform them and say if I am covered. I also make the client sign it at the end of each treatment. I wouldnt risk doing ANY treatment without insurance cover as this has very quickly become a compensation society and you just never know who might try to claim against you. There are various insurances about try a search engine for some companies.

Hi there
I did solglo training and my trainer did chat to us about contra-indications etc. I'll send you a copy of my form if it helps.

I got my insurance via Professional Beauty, as long as you have a certificate to prove you have done training they will cover you, either just for nails or nails and beauty.

Deb379

Deb379 said:
Hi there
I did solglo training and my trainer did chat to us about contra-indications etc. I'll send you a copy of my form if it helps.

I got my insurance via Professional Beauty, as long as you have a certificate to prove you have done training they will cover you, either just for nails or nails and beauty.

Deb379

Cheers Deb,
The info would be greatly appreciatd.

I did solglo training as well and it did not mention insurance at all. I have got insurance through professional beauty. will that still cover me if i did solglo training but use a different spray tan solution to solglo ???

Hi there

I'm insured with professional beauty and I seem to remember they may have told me a long time ago that you need to use the products you were trained to use.

Give them a ring, I often do if I have any queries and they are very helpful.
You need to check with them.

Deb379

As part of our Tantrick spray tanning training courses, we always cover the important topics of insurance and the need for using Client Record Cards for each and every client. We can supply application forms for the Insurance with Professional Beauty and also pads of Client record cards for spray tanning.

Our training is fully certificated and is supported by Woodgate & Partners who provide insurance for Professional Beauty and The Guild. You will find many certificates are issued by companies for attending a training session but not all will be supported by Insurance companies in the event of a claim.

If you want any further info, please do not hesitate to give me a call 0845 022 22 33.

Kind regards

Mandy

Latest posts

Back