Tanning newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emms199

Reaction score
I'm looking for some advice, I'm looking to start my own mobile tanning buisness however I don't know where to begin so I'm looking for any tips, tricks, hints and advice anyone could give me. I have also been looking at a pro tanning kit , are these machines any good or what would you guys reccomend, any help would be fab :) x

Have you done your training yet? If not you'll need to get that sorted first, which will mean deciding on a brand, at least to start with. Do you have a favourite? What I did was book myself in for a spray tan with a few different salons offering different brands to see which I preferred. I wouldn't buy your kit until after you've done the training as they may well offer you a good deal. However, in my honest opinion I wouldn't pay inflated prices for a pop up spray tent. (I got mine on EBay - Spraytanpro for about £35 and it's been brilliant). You can get trial sizes of spray tan lotion and it's definitely worth experimenting as it's down to personal preference. Look at previous threads on here and you will find loads of tips and advice. I hope that helps to start with.

Have you done your training yet? If not you'll need to get that sorted first, which will mean deciding on a brand, at least to start with. Do you have a favourite? What I did was book myself in for a spray tan with a few different salons offering different brands to see which I preferred. I wouldn't buy your kit until after you've done the training as they may well offer you a good deal. However, in my honest opinion I wouldn't pay inflated prices for a pop up spray tent. (I got mine on EBay - Spraytanpro for about £35 and it's been brilliant). You can get trial sizes of spray tan lotion and it's definitely worth experimenting as it's down to personal preference. Look at previous threads on here and you will find loads of tips and advice. I hope that helps to start with.
Thanks for your advice , I do have a preferred tan which I always to for so I do know what tan I'm going to use however the tanning machine I mentioned I'm getting on a good deal from someone I know who's only used it once so was wondering if it's any good. I've yet to do my course however I'm booking it in the next few days , thanks Emma x

Thanks for your advice , I do have a preferred tan which I always to for so I do know what tan I'm going to use however the tanning machine I mentioned I'm getting on a good deal from someone I know who's only used it once so was wondering if it's any good. I've yet to do my course however I'm booking it in the next few days , thanks Emma x

A lot of companies have their logo on the same machine, if that makes sense. My HVLP TS20 has the Crazy Angel brand on it but they don't make it so maybe the Pro Tan one is made by someone else? An you check what model it is? It should be on a sticker underneath.

IMG_1395.PNG
A lot of companies have their logo on the same machine, if that makes sense. My HVLP TS20 has the Crazy Angel brand on it but they don't make it so maybe the Pro Tan one is made by someone else? An you check what model it is? It should be on a sticker underneath.
This this is the kit I'm thinking of buying. I don't know if that's anymore help? X

I've just looked on their website and it seems that this machine is for personal home use rather than for business as it can only be used for 10 mins at a time and then needs 30 mins cooling off between uses. I would spend a bit more and get a more heavy duty machine. See what they use on your course and if you like it and then make your decision.

I've just looked on their website and it seems that this machine is for personal home use rather than for business as it can only be used for 10 mins at a time and then needs 30 mins cooling off between uses. I would spend a bit more and get a more heavy duty machine. See what they use on your course and if you like it and then make your decision.
Fab thank you! X

You could try the Wagner TS20 it is a really good start up machine, very reliable and easy to us.

Latest posts

Back