Tape extensions, just starting out! Best tips/advice much appreciated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelz123

Reaction score
Hi and thanks for reading.

I’m a hairdresser with 15+ years experience. In sept 2016 I attended an Oakley hair extensions course comprising of nano ring weft/sew in weft and tape extensions.
I made a poor choice of course in my opinion and thought the popular and best option for extensions of the three were the tape ones but suppliers did t really stock them. Anyways I’ve now noticed that they are more widely available through most suppliers.
I’ve chosen to go with Prestige with their Remy hair for my luxury range and their double drawn hair for my superior range. Is this a good choice?
I’ve reread all the manual for tapes and watched the Oakley training clips online.
I’m a wee bit stuck about when I have to retape... do I remove with the solution/ wash and dry the extensions/ colour if necessary the clients roots/ reapply the extensions after new tape.
Also pricing, any advice on that? I was going to charge £50 on top of the price of the hair, but the refit of the tape is more work than the original fitting.
And how often should I get my client in for maintenance? After 4 weeks I was thinking, then I would retake any loose tapes?

Does this sound ok? Sorry for all the questions I just need advice on this as I ndo ed to be confident before I start.

Thanks so much!

Yep prestige is great hair so u will be ok with that. £50 sounds good for the install as it doesn’t take long at all but for the refitting u need to charge more, don’t forget u are removing retaping and then installing so it’s a longer appointment and I need to factor in the cost of the tapes ( they aren’t that cheap!) I wouldn’t bother with maintenance none of my tape clients have it they just have their retape after 8 weeks. Hope this helps! X

One other thing, how long roughly does the hair from prestige last?

I’ve had clients use it for 2 installs ( so 6 months) and it still felt lovely x

Latest posts

Back