Tape extensions, Romford

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becki2730

Reaction score
Hello Geeks,

I hope you can help.

I am a trained Beauty Therapist.....limited hair knowledge

My friend has used a mobile professional to do her Tape hair extensions twice now and both times the hair has fallen within 24 hours. Her hair is colored (bleached) but she has left her hair to be dirty before having the tape added and washed it 48 hours after application.

The hairdresser who put the tape in has become slightly unreliable and never replies to her messages which is slightly bad. The first time these fell out she did invite her back to have them refitted but said my friend had to work around her demanding schedule.....personally I would never say this and always accommodate a client if the treatment wasn't to standard.

Please would anyone be able to shed some light on why these would fall out so quickly? Is this to do with the color on the hair? Is the hair to dry due to the coloring which is causing the tape to fall?

Would anyone also be able to suggest any places for her to contact?

Thank you so much in advance xx

To have an type of extension beaut ur hair needs to be freshly wash and with no conditioner.
Also did the extensionist apply a bit of heat when fusing the tape extensions? . I've always been taught to fuse the tape together by applying heat with straighteners
Or after washing has your friend applied conditioner all over her hair? But I would say I would be the fact her hair was in washed as the hair would have a build up of oils to the scalp and roots x

To have an type of extension beaut ur hair needs to be freshly wash and with no conditioner.
Also did the extensionist apply a bit of heat when fusing the tape extensions? . I've always been taught to fuse the tape together by applying heat with straighteners
Or after washing has your friend applied conditioner all over her hair? But I would say I would be the fact her hair was in washed as the hair would have a build up of oils to the scalp and roots x

Thank you so much for this, really helps.

I asked her this weekend and she said that heat wasn't applied although she did ask why but was told there was no need to apply it. She said that she did apply heat once she got home with her own straighteners though although a good hour would have passed from having them fitted to heating them at home She said that she had washed it and hadn't used conditioner. She is currently searching around for an alternative person now. Thanks again x

Maybe the extensionist bout not very good tape for the extensions maybe the adhesive wasn't very good if they were new extensions. But if she went with unwashed hair the oil build up would affect them x

Latest posts

Back