Tattoo aftercare ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mizzy_dizzy

Reaction score
I'm getting a tattoo done this week , its been about 10 years since the last one lol and I know they will tell me some aftercare but has anyone got any aftercare tips for me? Or even things to avoid? It will be across my upper back ,
If theres something I should get from the shop or what ever? As I doubt I will want to go after LOL
Also although I will be keeping it covered I'm a sun dodger ! And I wear factor 50 all over almost every day lol , will this be a problem?

It dosent matter if your not a tattoo pro maybe if you have had one and rember something that worked for you?

A girlfriend of mine has had quite a few! She now swears by her Forever Living Aloe Vera Gelly to help it heal and to keep the itching down.

Mat

I put Savlon antiseptic cream on my tattoos starting a couple of days after the tattoo has been done and keep it out of the sun and no swimming at the baths and of cause no picking lol

Bepanthen is recommended where we are :)

Okay so the first tatt i had i used hemorrhoid cream and kept the dressing on for a couple of hours and washed it with dove moisturizing soap every 4 hours.
Second tatt (which i had done on impulse didnt think about and jst wanted it there and then as i passed a studio) i used bapanthen and was advised to keep it covered with clingfilm for 72 hours!! and was advised to only wash it once a day with palmolive soap.
Anyway my first tattoo was perfect, second one looks pretty shoddy and i think the aftercare had a big impact on this (and probs the tattoist) so next time i get one i'll probably do as i did with my first, let it breathe keep moisturised and keep it clean!
Hope that helps; but i would say listen to the tattoo artist they will know best and everyone probably reacts diffrently to different aftercare!

i also was advised haemoroids cream ... its still colourfull after 16 yrs xx:D

I have recently got a tattoo,I was told put savalon on 3-4 times a day once you have removed the dressing(which can be from 1 hour after the tattoo being done) keep away from chlorine cover tattoo with waterproof dressing or vasaline if you go swimming,stay away from sunbeds.I hope this helps
sazza

Thanks for your answers :) I will pop into boots Tomoro and grab some supplys ,
do u think solar oil and magicool will help? I seem to have a memory of the last one feeling almost burnt lol

I'm nurvouse but it's takin me 10 years to draw it out on paper lol so it shuld be good :)

i also was advised haemoroids cream ... its still colourfull after 16 yrs xx:D

I also used good old preparation H - still crystal clear after 6 years x

Bepanthen it is the best, Prep H used to be but it does not work the same as they have added somthing to it :( and yes i do have a few tattoos ;)

Thank you for all your hep, its done now , well theres more coloring to do in 2 weeks , ive stocked up on all the creams you all named lol
thanks x
mizzy_dizzy-albums-other+stuff-picture29152-a.jpg

that pic is blured lol iphone are not good for pics, I will try and add another if not there in my photo album , :)

mizzy_dizzy-albums-other+stuff-picture29154-a.jpg

Wow looks great. I used bepanthol. Told no sunbeds sunbathing chlorine etc.

Also told not to take too hot baths and bathe for long for 2 weeks.notsure about that though

Hth xx

Latest posts

Back