Teeth Whitening - Should I or shouldn't I?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joharding5

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm contemplating introducing teeth whitening to my salon. I've gone through and read loads about it, but it's all old news and about peroxide which is banned now. A company approached me with a new product from America called GTW which uses chlorine dioxide. They popped round and gave me a demo treatment and I was really impressed with the results, they appeared very professional.

The business package sounds very attractive, and there's not a huge start up cost, (about £5K) which apparently includes everything you need to do treatments as well as training, marketing materials and enough kits to make a profit. But I keep reading much negative talk!

This company www.fab-distribution.co.uk has just started themselves, has anyone else heard or used Gentle Touch Whitening? :confused:

What does your insurance company say?

You should check with your insurance company before investing, as many will no longer cover you for this treatment.

Very good point, and something I should of thought of before :smack: I'll get on to them today.

Thanks

I'm insured through Salon Gold and their freelance policy says:

9 Teeth Whitening
In connection with the whitening of teeth provided that
a) You and Your employees carrying out the treatment have received full and complete training from the
manufacturer and or distributor
b) You and your employees carrying out the treatment hold a current recognised beauty or dental hygiene
qualification
c) The manufacturers instructions for the application of the treatment are followed at all times
d) Solutions and or gels contain less than 6% hydrogen peroxide or equivalent carbarmide peroxide
e) An allergic reaction

So insurance is not a problem as there is no peroxide at all, and full training is given :)

A few of my clients think it's a good idea. I'm very tempted now, but I don't want to rush into this just yet.

Can anyone think of a reason why I shouldn't?

Latest posts

Back