Thai herbal compressed massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lise

Reaction score
hi all,has anyone had or trained in the thai herbal comress massage..would like to hear some thoughts on that please:lol:

any advice if this is a good treatment please :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had it done, the Priadara one. It was amazing, it was quite heavy and I did ache a lot afterwards but it was a good ache and it really felt like the tension was kind of pummled out of me. The smells are brilliant and the oils from Priadara are gorgeous.

I'd say it would be unsuitable for those who are frail, have osteoporisis, arthritis etc as it may be a bit uncomfortable for them and possiblt do more harm than good. Also, they are hot so low blood pressure etc would be contraindications.

Hope that helps! :biggrin:

yes I have done a few different courses in thai and ayurvedic massage using these. I really enjoy doing the treatment and clients report on how they enjoy the penetrating heat.
The pindas are expensive though.

any advice if this is a good treatment please :confused:

Hi,

I didn't do mine with Priadara - I did mine with someone else and we were taught how to make our own boluses.

Not a cheap treatment to offer but is fantastic. Makes you want to do all your massages with the boluses.

Whereabouts are you as I run training courses on it.

Jane

I did reply but don't know where it has gone!>!

anyhow, yes I've trained in Thai and Ayurvedic massage using these. I prefer the Thai-style.

I enjoy giving the treatment and clients report that the penetrating heat and the weight of the pindas are very good, one said it was akin to a sports massage.

an excellent winter warmer.

the pindas aren't cheap though and making your own works out expensive.

Thanks for all your replys it was helpful im doing the training on wednesday and just wanted more insite x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Thanks for all your replys it was helpful im doing the training on wednesday and just wanted more insite x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Could you let me know where you are doing your training? I am looking for a course in or around London if possible.

im doing my training at escape beauty,barleylands,essex :wink2:

Advanced Massage Courses in London are in London and although I'm not a fan of one day courses, I'm not sure you can do this in any other way unless doing a proper thai massage course. They do offer good training generally and I'm pretty sure Chris, the trainer there has done courses out in Thailand.

Thanks lise and jcpark. I will check these out.

hi all:D iv just got home from my training and loved it,i do alot of swedish massage and it hurts my hands after about 4 clients and i only weigh 7 stone so i usually have to use all my body weight which is hard going,but i have to say after doing the thai comressed massage i can gladly say i dont think my lil body will hurt.i had it done on me so i could feel what it would be like and yay,wonderful and my blocked ear has even improved,it was alot deeper and felt great on my aches,would recommend this treatment :hug:

I had this done when I was on a cruise a couple of years ago. Just wonderful! I didn't find it too heavy or intense - but obviously a good massage therapist works according to the needs of his/her client...
If I thought it would be lucrative I would definitely train. Lovely!

Latest posts

Back