Thanks for yours views on my photo please look

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caz3

Reaction score
Click photo to inlarge it.
My first go at NSI Balance blush Gel nails I did these the other day on my daughter.
I am new to this and would like your views good or bad!
Thanks for the answers I have already had they were great but I think I put the wrong title on the last post and not many people answered.
Thanks
Caz xxx

They look great to me, really natural. Well done :Love:

For a first attempt they are pretty damned good, but if you're like me you want to know what is wrong rather than right so that you can get better. I'm no expert believe me but they just seem slightly thick particularly on the hand on the left of the photo. If you look at the ring finger it's a bit "hippy", and just needs narrowing in a bit. Also a bit thick at the cuticle end, it should be flush to the natural nail, as this may present you with lifting.

But the length is good and you have the line of the light well so no lumps and bumps, just a bit more filing (or less gel application) to get a thinner appearance.

Well done!

Hi

They look really good great for a newbie! :biggrin:

If your like me you want them perfect so heres a couple of pointers : Your tips are flaring out slightly looking a little fan shaped so watch your side walls. The hand on the right of the pici, little finger, looks like you have a dip in it where the c curve should be. (or upper arch if you prefer) so check your gel application before you cure it, as sassy has already said thin them off at the free edge so they look really natural and around the cuticle to avoid lifting.
The slight side ways view of the thumbs looks like your getting it nicely to me. :cool:

Yes I agree the do flare out, and maybe they could have been a little less sqaure, to compliment the clients hands and natural nails. They look good tho..

hey well done -and what a brave geek you are to post your piccies ! I really admire you for going for it & offering your work up for advice! Not a gel girl myself but 1 thing I would say is yeh - narrow down your sidewalls so they appear sleeker and dont 'fan out'.
WELL DONE YOU !
keep up the good work & with your courage and willingness to learn you'll go far !
lol jayneym xx

This is my first time on this site although I have been viewing for a while. I think its great that you have put your pics on for advice. I'm still too nervous!! :Scared:

Oh thanks everyone I was so happy with my feedback you all left me I am so happy that you have told me where I could better myself this is what I wanted.
I can see what you mean can not wait to do another set to show you all! You will be fed up with my photos LOL!
Thanks again and all have a great weekend.
Caz xxx

Caz if your daughter still has them on then you can alter what has been suggested above and put another piccie up.

Well done you for putting them up for us to critique. I'm not that brave, firstly because well I'm not that brave lol, and secondly I don't have a digital camera, and thirdly even if I did I wouldn't have a dmaned clue how to get it on here!!

If this is your first attempt then your on your way to being a really good tech!

Well done!!!!!!

Caz...when I think back to my first set of "doorsteps".....I think you have done great luv!
Brilliant advice from the others....particalurly on your sidewalls......but this will all come together the more you practice practice practice!
Also....How brave are ya? :Scared: ....blimey, Ive bin on here for almost 2yrs and still havent braved it to submit a picture yet!
Go Girl! Keep at it! :Love:

:hug: I think you have done a fab job for being new to the industry. (Don't mean that in a patronising way).

We never stop learning though. I am facing an uphill struggle to create a perfect nail. I don't think there is such a thing though...well atleast not for me yet!!:|

I am sure your clients will be very happy with the nails that you are producing. Good job!! Well Done!!
:Love: xxxxxxx

Well done for having the nerve to ask for opinions on your piccie, I think its the best way to learn in the long run :biggrin:
I agree that the nails do look much to wide for your daughter's slim fingers try and narrow the sides down more. Also some of the nails do look too thick try to apply the gel thicker at the apex but then thinner towards the cutitcle and free-edge.
Hths Good Luck and well done xxxxxxxxxx

Yes my Daughter still has them on so when I can catch her in!!!! I will alter the shape and send another photo for you to all look at I hope this will be today at some point as I can not wait to get hold of them as I can now see where you are all coming from with the FAN shape!!!!

Caz xxx

Sassy Hassy said:
Caz if your daughter still has them on then you can alter what has been suggested above and put another piccie up.

Well done you for putting them up for us to critique. I'm not that brave, firstly because well I'm not that brave lol, and secondly I don't have a digital camera, and thirdly even if I did I wouldn't have a dmaned clue how to get it on here!!

Latest posts

Back