The Nerve of Some People!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonette

Reaction score
This girl makes me so mad!! UUgh! I was browsing around on a wedding site where you can try to see yourself. One girl does only gel nails so sh tried to say that acryl nails was toxic and that they are banned in Denmark because they were medically proven to be the cause of braintumors!!! What???????

So this is what i wrote back!!! Was i wrong???

Hej....

My swedish isnt that great... so i reply in english instead.

Izunia i think you got your information wrong. I think what caused brain tumors and cancers are acrylic nails that have a chemical called Methyl Methacrylate (MMA) in them. This is pretty dangerous stuff but is forbidden.Its ised in dental labs etc. And i should point out that every type of nails you get is from the Acryl family. Just different types.

If u get your nails done by a qualified Nail Tech.... you wont have any problems.I went to Creative Manicure in Malmö and LIBS Beaty School in New York
and they teach which products are best and which damages your health.

So she replied back with this!!!!!

Antonette:

What I wanted to say is that there´s no point of taking any risks with acrylics. That is why I don´t want to use it and I don´t recommend it to anyone.
It´s still forbidden and I can also point out that many nail technicians use it (especially in the us and australia) because it´s cheaper (no uv-lamps, new courses cost money and time etc). I´m not saying these are the only places or reasons.
If anyone have ever had acrylic nails done...they know that it smells alot. Probably chemicals that can´t be good for u right? Otherwise it wouldn´t be forbidden!!

You just can't teach some people. Point her in the direction of Doug Schoon's book. She's had bad training by my reckoning!

BTW as is always said on here, smell is not an indication to toxity. Natural gas that is used in our homes has NO smell, they actually have to add it so that we can be alerted to its presence - my stepdad was a chemical engineer and had great delight in telling us this ... on more than one occasion!

I gave her a link to this website http://www.hooked-on-nails.com/mmaandyou.html I also told her not to give anybody anymore advise before being properly trained.

Jees why is that that nailtech that are trained in using one material always try to know the other one down???

Tonette, it's usually ignorance or jealousy that makes people slate someone else for no good reason. Just stay true to your profession and you'll go far hun!

Sassy Hassy said:
Tonette, it's usually ignorance or jealousy that makes people slate someone else for no good reason. Just stay true to your profession and you'll go far hun!

Thank you!! I needed that!

It's people like that who give us nail techs a bad name, who needs it? Its hard enough keeping up with the nail industry with out being fed false info!
How did you keep your cool?
Jules:mad:

Julie Parkin said:
It's people like that who give us nail techs a bad name, who needs it? Its hard enough keeping up with the nail industry with out being fed false info!
How did you keep your cool?
Jules:mad:

I just directed her to the website and to Dough Schoon's comments and told her to get a proper education because i didnt want to get kicked off that website so . :mad::eek:

Latest posts

Back