the penny has dropped!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngieLHN

Reaction score
hiya everyone, l think l am finaly getting my enhancements how l want them to look!! they are much thinner, really blending in with the natural nail at the cuticle, smile lines are looking good (if l say so myself!!) less lifting, and l'm actully enjoying rebalances/infills, they are looking the same as new sets ;)

has anyone else had the same feeling, that everything is finaly coming together,
although there is still loads l want to learn :D xx

Thats great Angie... so how long have you been doing enhancements then before getting this feeling of satisfaction from your work? I have been post foundation training since Nov 04 but feel totally pants about my work yet .... lots more practice for me.

Angie said:
hiya everyone, l think l am finaly getting my enhancements how l want them to look!! they are much thinner, really blending in with the natural nail at the cuticle, smile lines are looking good (if l say so myself!!) less lifting, and l'm actully enjoying rebalances/infills, they are looking the same as new sets ;)

has anyone else had the same feeling, that everything is finaly coming together,

what a great thread, i am soo happy for you, i felt the same tonight. went to do a rebalance for a client and her nails looked fab after nearly 3 weeks, it gave me a real boost, she had lost 1 nail but refreshingly told me not to worry as she knows she did it herself and it wasnt my fault, bless her.

you hang on to your great feeling, all your hard work is paying off, well done xxx

l've been doing nails 2 years in may, l've still got loads to learn, but l must say that most things l've picked up have been from this site, geegs tutiorals are brill, l try to remember them when doing nails, xx

ah, that makes me feel a whole lot better Angie. I was getting to think I am just not cut out for this milarki... but only 4 months down the line at the moment, so hopefully in the not so distance future the 'penny' may drop for me too :)

Have you got any pics you can post of your work? Love to see some.

Angie said:

Totally agree and its a fantastic feeling. I am so self critical and get such a shock when the client comes back for infills and I think - Oh my God - I did those nails and they are ok!!!! Need to pick up on speed though but I suppose that this will come with time.

chrisbow said:
Totally agree and its a fantastic feeling. I am so self critical and get such a shock when the client comes back for infills and I think - Oh my God - I did those nails and they are ok!!!! Need to pick up on speed though but I suppose that this will come with time.

yeah my speed needs improving alot, i take 2 1/2 hours to do a full set, and i know i spend alot of that time on my prep cos i am fanatical about it. a couple of my ladies have mentioned they didnt think it would take so long and this makes me feel bad. But then most of them are very chatty and so i chat back and i think if i just put my head down and got on with it i would save loads of time, but how do you do that and not seem rude ? last night my lady was upset as her mother in law was very poorly and she asked me to stay and have a cuppa with her afterwards, bless her, i couldnt just leave her...so in all i was there from 7.00pm - 9.00pm and it was only a rebalance...she seemed a bit better when i left and i'll ring later just to see if she's ok. xxxxx

amberrose said:
yeah my speed needs improving alot, i take 2 1/2 hours to do a full set, and i know i spend alot of that time on my prep cos i am fanatical about it. a couple of my ladies have mentioned they didnt think it would take so long and this makes me feel bad. But then most of them are very chatty and so i chat back and i think if i just put my head down and got on with it i would save loads of time, but how do you do that and not seem rude ? last night my lady was upset as her mother in law was very poorly and she asked me to stay and have a cuppa with her afterwards, bless her, i couldnt just leave her...so in all i was there from 7.00pm - 9.00pm and it was only a rebalance...she seemed a bit better when i left and i'll ring later just to see if she's ok. xxxxx

I know what you mean - I take about the same time to do a full set but I would rather do that and get decent looking nails than rush it and forget something. Most of my clients are chatty and like you I chat back. They keep coming back for infills so I must be doing something right. One of my clients made a comment the other day about when she used to go and get her nails done at a salon in another town - she said the tech never really said anything to her and she used to feel awkward just sitting there with no conversation - its much better to have a friendly approach.

I hope your lady is feeling better today and that her mother in law is ok. She will appreciate the phonecall - its so nice when people take time out to think of others.

JCS said:
ah, that makes me feel a whole lot better Angie. I was getting to think I am just not cut out for this milarki... but only 4 months down the line at the moment, so hopefully in the not so distance future the 'penny' may drop for me too :)

Have you got any pics you can post of your work? Love to see some.

l have'ent got a clue how to add photos (could'ent even add a fancy signature to my posts, but l will try l've got loads that l've taken)
l also still need to work on my times, mainly when l do rebalances but they are getting quicker because the L&P is thinner.
keep going it defo gets better!! :D :D

Yeah I take ages doing my prep as well..... drives me insane... sometimes on a rebalance its an hour before I've finally go to applying my Brisa! :irked: but then I'm really fanatic about getting rid of that nasty little dead skin lol. after that its not too bad so any ideas on shortening my prep time would be useful lol

I take about 2.5 hours for both new sets and rebalances so I've a way to go before I feel competant at it.... thing is when I first started out it was 4 hours so I'm pleased I've got it down to the time I have..... but I can't seem to get it any lower........ any ideas how I can improve?

Its a great feeling when they come back and you find that there is very little to no lifting... when to start with there was lifting all over the place..... :D

Yet again thank GMG (AKA GOD) for this site. Prep sees to take me forever too and I don't remember my old technician taking so long. I can take up to 2 hours for a rebalance and 2.5 for full set. When people say "as long as that" I take it to heart. Just can't seem to get past those times but then I chat away too.

I did a set today that took 3 hours and 25 minutes!!!! But it was on a nail biter and I only passed foundation last week and this was only about my 15th ever set!!

The good thing was that I totally sculpted with my brush and not my file! First time ever I only had to briefly use abrasive before white block!!

And my mate was really pleased about actually having nails!

Result!

WOW!

I am not to regular at posting but when I see posts like this I get really inspired!
I am a CND educator and I tell my students that as we go along working hard at getting our sets of nails correct things all of a sudden just 'snap' into place! I can also tell you that it happens to us when we have been doing it for as long as I have! I think that it is great news and it will keep happening for you!

NZNails said:
WOW!

I am not to regular at posting but when I see posts like this I get really inspired!
I am a CND educator and I tell my students that as we go along working hard at getting our sets of nails correct things all of a sudden just 'snap' into place! I can also tell you that it happens to us when we have been doing it for as long as I have! I think that it is great news and it will keep happening for you!

Thankyou very much!! x

Latest posts

Back