Thick rebalances

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahlove1980

Reaction score
I hope I am doing this right I havent done this before?!

Have been qualified at foundation level of creative liquid and powder for about 2 years but have only just started doing nails regularly and it is only about 1 set per week. Everyu time i rebalance a set o nails they get thicker every time no matter how much i try and de bulk the nail before applying more product?

has anyone got any tips for me?

Cheers

Sarah x:p

when youved thinned down the whole enhancement, dont go replacing with normal size balls as you will end up with a house brick, heres my motto and i stick to it, " tiny balls are best!!!"
onlt replace what youve filed away no more, use teeny tiny balls to create a nice thin enhancement
hth xx

I was also finding this a problem until i reduced the size of my balls :wink2: .

No but seriously, now i need to calm it a bit with my file when finishing,cos i tend to file through the new smile line! :irked:

You do have to remember not to put too much on when reballancing, but you will get the hang of it in the end. I think sometimes it can help when you are learning to maybe do small balls and have to add a little later rather than having to file it off afterwards.

Good luck, keep practising.:D

mamma said:
I was also finding this a problem until i reduced the size of my balls :wink2: .

No but seriously, now i need to calm it a bit with my file when finishing,cos i tend to file through the new smile line! :irked:

I nearly chocked on my corn flakes then.!!:D

I had exactly the same issue - in fact i did my Mum's last night (managed not to kill her - God she stresses me), and i noticed afterwards that even though i'd used the smallest balls, the pinkies on both hands were too thick.

My Mum didn't mind, but it really bugged me, just need to practice more i guess. It's just so tempting to use big balls - takes some getting used to i guess.

On the plus side though, managed to do an entire rebalance on her in 1hr 40mins - well chuffed!!!

I try to apply only a small ball, but sometimes I can see the shadow of the old smile line there, then it gets worse when I file and buff after. Any ideas on this??

I did one last night and it took me the best part of 2 hrs :irked:

claireamy said:
I try to apply only a small ball, but sometimes I can see the shadow of the old smile line there, then it gets worse when I file and buff after. Any ideas on this??

i think you probably need to take a bit more of the pink away just above your old smile before you start. also try making you ratio a little dryer with your new white and this will give you a more opaque coverage and should hide whats underneath better.

When i first done a rebalance, i was thinning down the enhancement then i was forgetting that i only needed to add smaller beads as there was already product left on the nail. Thats why they are probably ending up thick. Try using smaller beads.

Geeks,

I have just done a rebalance today, and I don't do full sets as often as i should and I have been feeling everything you guys have. I really need to get some practice in!!

I've picked up sooooo many tips here, so will put them into practice. I had to do a double take on the "reduce the size of my balls" section. te te tee.

Thanks geeky ones.

Claire

x x x

glad you posted this, just got in from a rebalance that took 2 hours not including travelling there and back! :Scared: to top it off I wasnt happy with the end result, looked a little thick and because I tried to take some of the thickness away the new smile line ended up looking opaque :rolleyes:. I thought I had really taken a lot of old product off before I started but obviously not enough, or I need smaller balls too? how do you make the smaller balls go far enough though, do you literally just replace the smile line rather than the whole white? think that is where i am going wrong..... times like this make you feel really deflated dont they? :sad:

nailsbynikki said:
when youved thinned down the whole enhancement, dont go replacing with normal size balls as you will end up with a house brick, heres my motto and i stick to it,

" tiny balls are best!!!"
onlt replace what youve filed away no more, use teeny tiny balls to create a nice thin enhancement
hth xx

you have such a way with words darlin'

pmsl

amb x

Aspirations said:
glad you posted this, just got in from a rebalance that took 2 hours not including travelling there and back! :Scared: to top it off I wasnt happy with the end result, looked a little thick and because I tried to take some of the thickness away the new smile line ended up looking opaque :rolleyes:. I thought I had really taken a lot of old product off before I started but obviously not enough, or I need smaller balls too? how do you make the smaller balls go far enough though, do you literally just replace the smile line rather than the whole white? think that is where i am going wrong..... times like this make you feel really deflated dont they? :sad:
do you mean TRANSPARENT ? as in see through.
opaque means you cant see through it.
you can just replace the smile area and blend the new product into the remaining white tip. this doesnt work with all product ranges though because some whites will not be the same colour by the time you get to rebalance as they are when you first apply them.:rolleyes:

erm, sorry, transparent! Doh!

Yes they were ok before I buffed them but then I took some of the product off again with buffing and they looked a bit see through, so you had solid colour on the original tip and more transparent where I had replaced the smile line. I use CND retention + so I know its me that's the problem :irked:

i have the same problem. my new smile line goes quite see through and you can then see two smiles, the new and the old. its so fustrating!!!!

You avoid creating a shadow smile line by thinning the free edge almost right back to the natural nail. Keeping the abrasive fairly flat (like blending a tip)
This will also push your apex back, then you can apply enough white to give full coverage. Then only needing tiny amounts of white.

Also check your mix ratio. A wet mix will make the smile line much more transparent. HTH

Thanks for all the tips everyone,

however, i tried using smaller beads once but i couldnt get them to cover the area that i intended. My mum especially has huge nail beds nad sometimes i have to use more than 3 beads per nail and so for rebalances if i use a small bead it doesnt seem to cover it! I will definately try again though cheers

Sarah xx

ps not sure if I have got the hang of this site yet, I'm a bit of a technophobe sorry!:irked:

Hey,

when im doing thumb nails or someone has really big nail beds, when im doing the smile line i tend to do one half first with a tiny bead then do the other half, i find it so much easier . I use to panic cause it was a larger area to cover and if was not quick enough it would set all lumpy and the smile line would be uneven. Thats just my little way now that will probably stay forever now!!!

Latest posts

Back