This morning - pedi item

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmad

Reaction score
Did anyone just see the item they just did on the This Morning programme re pedis.

They had a lady off the street who had a nasty fungal infection on the nails on one foot. I thought this was a contra but she was treated with a wrap to keep the big toe nail on and the pedi was carried out finishing with polish to cover it all up.

If someone came in to see me like that I'd be sending them to the doc!

I know that at the end of an infection the nail can have permenant oncholysis and still look pretty awful but is OK to treat. This poor ladys problem looked pretty fresh to me.

Any views?

hi Em, I only caught the end of it

kx

emmad said:
Did anyone just see the item they just did on the This Morning programme re pedis.

They had a lady off the street who had a nasty fungal infection on the nails on one foot. I thought this was a contra but she was treated with a wrap to keep the big toe nail on and the pedi was carried out finishing with polish to cover it all up.

If someone came in to see me like that I'd be sending them to the doc!

I know that at the end of an infection the nail can have permenant oncholysis and still look pretty awful but is OK to treat. This poor ladys problem looked pretty fresh to me.

Any views?

I saw the programme and thought that was a definite 'contra' to me! You can't just cover up something that bad with and overlay of some type! Wonder what would happen under the nail varnish? Look at all the hard skin she had on her heel as well! Must admit it wasn't a bad transformation though!

Just a thought, but if someone has a fungal, what happens with polishing? What I mean is that the brush is going from the fungal nail into the polish several times. Doesn't the polish become infected in some way?

I agree I thought that fungal infections should be referred to a podiatrist and shouldn't be treated by a nail technician as they are contagious - we won't touch them in our salon.

Interesting product from LCN. Mayby the lady who did the 'transformations' was a chropodist but they didnt say so, they just said she was doing pedicures to the stars!! The picture on the crowthorne site looks like a thickened & old fungal infection which has resulted in long term oncholysis - I could be wrong though.

You definately transfer infection from one nail to another with instruments etc if you choose to treat something like this. I'm sure chropodists have training on how to deal with it properly so this doesnt happen.
I'd be horrified if I though any polish used on me had just been used on someone with a problem like this.

Yet again the beauty dept at This Morning are not quite hitting the mark!!!

Kimmi Rocks said:
Just a thought, but if someone has a fungal, what happens with polishing? What I mean is that the brush is going from the fungal nail into the polish several times. Doesn't the polish become infected in some way?

Hi,

I'm sure I've seen somewhere that this wouldn't be a problem as the ingredients in polish don't sustain growth of fungal spores or bacteria? Can anyone confirm?
Having said this, if there was a contra indication I still wouldn't carry out treatment.

Was anyone watching GMTV at 8:30 this morning and if so do you see Raw Earth mentioned??? please someone... I missed it:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back