Thread of the Week

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thread of the Week Poll. All please vote.

• [url=http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=14446] Be excited.... BE VERY Excited!!![/url] [B](

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • [url=http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=14672] getting really fedup!!!!!![/url] [B](stars r

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [url=http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=14480] Do you use safety glasses?honestly?[/url] [B

Votes: 28 70.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Which of these threads have been the best out of the past week?

I'm the very first voter and poster on this thread...YAAA!!!:wink2:

Okay...sorry, I think the safety glasses thread was wonderful, because it sheds light on the fact that glasses although some may say inconvienient; are absolutely necessary to maintain your sight. What good is a nail tech that can't see anyway?:smack:

Ms.Matrix said:
I'm the very first voter and poster on this thread...YAAA!!!:wink2:

Okay...sorry, I think the safety glasses thread was wonderful, because it sheds light on the fact that glasses although some may say inconvienient; are absolutely necessary to maintain your sight. What good is a nail tech that can't see anyway?:smack:

I gotta agree - I was only wearing my normal prescription glasses which are not actually neccessary for me to do nails but I thought would help protect my eyes. I soon found out this wasn'ty acceptable when i got hit in the eye by a flying chunk of acrylic OUCH! The thread was a wake up call.

I LOVED the Be excited thread - But OMG what a tease!!!!

Three very different and excellent posts to choose from. Each one was interesting for different reasons.

'Be very excited....' Something long awaited happening in the industry to benefit, teks, distributors, educators etc......And boy do we need it!

'Getting really fed up!....'
Petty abuse for expressing an opinion. We have the right to our opinions and freedom of speech.

'Do you use safety glasses. Honestly?...' Our eyes are crucial to this job

So, I opted for the third because if I couldn't see I wouldn't be in this job so option one wouldn't affect me and I wouldn't be able read any of the posts causing the concern in option two

I also voted for Louise's thread re safety glasses, very thought provoking as it could literally been any one of us writing it. Scary stuff to think our sight can be affected or destroyed so easily.
I would have voted for Mrs G's thread but being as we have no info I'll save that vote for 'after the news' has been announced :D It'll be a 'thread of the week' for sure.

Have to go with Louise's thread as it reinforced to me the imporance of wearing my safety glasses. Thanks Louise! Mrs Geek's thread is also a very interesting one but couldn't really vote on it until I know what is promised - come on Mrs Geek - spill the beans!

Jane said:
Three very different and excellent posts to choose from. Each one was interesting for different reasons.

'Be very excited....' Something long awaited happening in the industry to benefit, teks, distributors, educators etc......And boy do we need it!

'Getting really fed up!....' Petty abuse for expressing an opinion. We have the right to our opinions and freedom of speech.

So, I opted for the third because if I couldn't see I wouldn't be in this job so option one wouldn't affect me and I wouldn't be able read any of the posts causing the concern in option two

My sentiments entirely - exellent post.

Jane said:

'Getting really fed up!....' Petty abuse for expressing an opinion. We have the right to our opinions and freedom of speech.

Exactly. Had to agree with you. I voted for number three.

I have to say that while Mrs Geek's thread was intriguing and fun it didn't make much sense to me as I don't understand half the things that go on in here!

The post from stars r me was just ridiculous. Not to be bitchy but there was just no need for it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if she didn't like it and was badly affected by it she should have either logged out of that thread or just turned her computer off altogether. Each and everyone of us is individual..if we weren't the world would be a boring place. And I have to say I wouldn't myself have the ribbon thing done but I think it looked really effective.

BUT...Louise Newell's post made me sit and think that we take for granted a lot of things when we are working and enjoying what we do. I think a lot of us would imagine that things like that wouldn't happen to us! I will definately be more careful now on as I wouldn't like to hurt myself so badly that I couldn't work again.

Well done Louise!

Do you use safety glasses?honestly? (louisenewell) it's was very hard this time for me picking a winner as they was very good threads,but for me i picked the safety glasses as this brought home to me just how easy it can be to do damage to the eyes... louisenewell thankyou for starting this thread before my next set of nails i will get a pair of glasses...

my clients might be so gob smacked seeing me in glasses..that i might just get my blending time down.. i chat way to much.. :o

I picked no 1 as I really needed some good news this week and its cheered me up no end!

I think making a point about glasses is really important - tried to order some from DN but theyd sold out.

I have to say that the 'summer trend' post did completely freak me out and made me feel a bit sick. Having said that, each to their own and I wouldnt ever try and dictate what others do with their bodies. Its not for me though and given the choice I'd prefer not to have inadvertantly come accross the pictures.

I too voted for Louise.

Very good! its alread been said why!

luv xxxxxxxxxxx

I guess that Health and Safety is there for our own good. We all sometimes seem to think it's just something that Government invented to make our lives harder :mad: Whereas we really should practice this every day in our working environment. Safety Glasses Included :|
Jules

I am really really excited about this one ... it will be fab for all of us I am sure .. and as a tech working alone I am hoping that there will be an organisation that I can be a working part of :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back