Tightlacing/waist training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha yet again people are just far too ready to ridicule something they dont understand or judge it based on extreme information or misinformation.

Waist training is not about losing weight so it cannot be compared to healthy eating or exercising. It's about acheiving that hourglass figure that was very popular in the 50's, although the practice of tightlacing goes back to victorian times.

Please dont judge it on what you see on the internet. Liker anything else in life there are a small number of people who are fetishists and strive to achieve impossibly thin waists, but this is not what most waist trainers hope to acheive. The majority of people who do this hope to squeeze their waist in by a couple of inches, its hardly drastic.

each to their own I suppose, and I completely understand that a practice like this isnt for everyone, but I would ask that people show respect for the opinions and preferences of others. Please dont make derogatory remarks about something just because you dont like it, I could quite happily give you my opinions on fake eyelashes and spray tans, but I wont because I know my views would be disrespectful to those who like to wear false lashes and spray tans. It's all about live and let live, and taking a moment to consider whether your view would be insulting or patronsing to another person. to put it another way, dont mock something you dont understand:Love:

That is the tiniest waist I have ever seen! Can it get you from a 12 to a 10?

Chelle, could you point me in the direction of a safe, informed place to read up on this? I've never had a waist and used to wear a corset off eBay for nights out, and wear my big pants lol but I'd be interested to know more about this x

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I love corsets have a few steel bond ones but find that my chin ends up almost resting on my boobs lol but it does temporarily take 4 inches off my waist and leaves a lovely shape i would struggle to wear one all the time though as cannot bend and need to be all ladylike no slouching

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I love corsets have a few steel bond ones but find that my chin ends up almost resting on my boobs lol but it does temporarily take 4 inches off my waist and leaves a lovely shape i would struggle to wear one all the time though as cannot bend and need to be all ladylike no slouching

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

See, this is my opinion, it just has to push everything somewhere else!!!!
However, I do appreciate each to their own, and who are we to judge what appeals to others.

I used to constantly wear a tight wide belt under my boobs and went from at 32 inch back to 30 inch back.

Dont think i could wear anything tight now though, unless they were really flexable for stuff in.

Its a shame they dont do thigh corsets, as I could definitely do with taking a few inches off mine!! :)

Hey Laurachicgeek.
It really just changes the shape of your waist area so it will make your waist smaller but not necessarily reduce the size all over.
However having said that it can help reduce the amount you eat which can lead to weight loss all over so potentially you may go down from a size 12 to 10. It's best to do research on it and talk to other people who have done it to see what results they got. I did lots of research prior to starting.
Hope this helps :)

Its a shame they dont do thigh corsets, as I could definitely do with taking a few inches off mine!! :)

That made me laugh!! I don't think that would be very comfortable!! hehe

I love corsets in general but I don't know if I would like the extreme ones personally... but there is not much diff with tattooing and piercing really. I am sure that smoking is worse for you and plenty of people still do that!

Here here lozenja! Smoking is definitely much worse but it's just society accepts that whereas waist training is not well known so people find it shocking and then jump to conclusions that it must be bad for you! Does make me chuckle how much negative comments have been made by people in the beauty industry! People who rely on people making modifications to the way they look! Lol. :)

I completely love the hourglass Jessica rabbit style figure and would love my waist to be smaller! I love anything corset style, so feminine but I have to say I'd never even known this was possible for it to actually reduce your waist! I'd be well up for doing it xxx

I agree that Jessica rabbit figure is lovely! And before people chirp up with the fact it's just a cartoon figure yes we know that it's just an example of the hour glass figure. Big boobs and small waist all the way for me! Lol.
I've been doing it a week and have lost half an inch of the starting waist size outside of corset and down about 2 and half inches inside corset already! :) yay!

Hey chelle thanks for your response. I've just started and only taking it slowly as I want to get used to it. I slept in it for the first time last night only done up loosely.
I am only doing it to achieve more of an hour glass figure as I'm small but pretty straight up and down at the moment.

It's actually not dangerous if done correctly and it amuses me that people try to make it out to be some awful thing without doing the research first! And looking at pics of people who have done it to the extreme is not a good way to judge it! I'm only planning on waist training down a few inches. Most people have their nails done, dye their hair etc etc!
Plus chelle is right that the effect of waist training is no worse than being pregnant and carrying a baby but I don't come across people saying "oh how awful what are you doing to your body" to pregnant women!
Personally I'd rather have a nice body with a nice waist than a post pregnancy belly! Lol.
Each to their own! :)

Yes but having a baby is a huge strain on your body BUT its not just for vanity!! I love my post baby belly thankyou..but then I have a natural 28 inch waist so...

Yes it is for vanity but so is any beauty / hair treatment.
The pregnancy thing was meant as an example to how the body can adapt and change without too much trouble.
Well your obviously one of the lucky ones as most people I know are not happy with the post pregnancy belly. Few people spring back to their former shape but well done you! :)
I hope if I ever have a baby I'll be as lucky as I have a small 28" waist to start with too so may spring back easier too. Although i may be starting with a slightly smaller waist after this waist training! I'm only planning on dropping a few inches though at the most! I'd just like to avoid that horrible "pouch" or wrinkling of the skin post pregnancy. :-/
Anyway I hope I didn't offend you as I didn't mean to and I respect women who go through pregnancy. :) maybe one day men will be able to do all the hard work instead! Lol.

I didn't say I had sprung back to shape, I have a little pouch..but I love it cos its where my 3 babies grew..
I just think you implying that you "would rather right lace then have a post pregnancy belly" is rather degrading to those of us who have done a natural beautiful thing, many woman struggle with their body image after a baby and statements like that are very hurtful.
Tight lace all you like, it's your choice, but don't degrade and hurt those of us who's body have done the most fantasic amazing thing and have the scars to prove it :)

I would love to try this ,but not sure how practical it is when working for bending ,and you really need to commit to it ,if you stop do you go back to the shape you where or is it permanent after a time :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Hey Lynn Amber it does not stop you bending you just learn to bend in the legs rather than at the waist. I do housework in it and have to bend to clean. Also I do lash extensions and I find it actually helps as it stops me slouching which then gave me back ache! So it actually helps me during treatments.
It is a big committment if you want to see a difference but I'm a week in and can honestly say that when I first started it felt like a bit of a chore whereas now I've got used to wearing it I can't wait to put it back on after having it off! Lol.
The only thing I'm struggling with at the moment is adjusting what I wear when I have it on. If you want to cover it up with clothes you have to wear baggy tops. But I have underbust ones which I can wear over tight tops and dresses.
Once I have got to where I want to be I will probably cut down to just wearing it at night to maintain it.
If you stop doing it your body does revert back to the original shape over time. :-(
So yes it is quite a commitment.

Never meant any offence to ladies who have had babies! As I said I do respect ladies who have gone through pregnancy and created life.
All I was saying was I know I would not be happy with the changes to my body that pregnancy brings.
The way I put it may have come across wrong. Total respect to all mummies! :)

Thanks you ,i would definitely go for a under bust one ,i normally wear leggings and a top or dress of some sort so would be fine with my clothes I think,i might have to do some research I think hehehe :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back