Time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercury

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I did my friend's hand today, but unfortunately she only had time for one hand - when I had myself all geared up to try a full set :( Not to worry, it was her first time ever getting her nails done, and she was stoked with the result. She will let me do a full set next week :)

I'm still organising to become a premium geek and so can't any more pics up, but I was pleased with the result...

Anyway, my times for one hand only are:
  • Manicure Prep: 12 mins
  • Tip Applicatipn: 21 mins
  • Tip Blend: 24 mins
  • L&P: 33 mins
  • File & Buff: 26mins
  • TOTAL: 1:56 mins
That's a long time for one hand, I know. I think I use the file when blending the tips rather slowly...

Any hints?

Ta,
Mercury
:)

Mercury, have you tried buffing your tips a bit before you apply them? I find it a lot easier to take a 100 grit file and take the shine off the tips, kinda give them a good rubbing over before applying. Sorry haven't explained it well. Maybe someone can explain it better. That way you can be a little rougher with the file and not damage anyone. Then when your tips are applied, all you need to do is gently finish off the blending.

Hi Mercury

Just wanted to say I am there with you - I am still taking about 1 hour 45 to do one hand. I am desperate to speed up too!

Big hugs and lets keep practicing. Hopefully we will get some good tips (and yes, I pre blend my tips) from other geeks xxx

Hi Mercury,

These are the times I aimed for when doing my 1 2 1 training and strangley enough my tutor had exactly the same times on her notes for me to follow. This is for both hands btw.

Prep - 15 mins
Tip application - 15 mins
Tip Blending - 15mins
L & P - 30 mins
Finishing (buff etc.) - 15mins.

When doing your L&P, spend longer trying to sculpt with your brush and not your file, that takes alot of time off your finishing. And if you calculate the time it takes to apply L&P per nail ... it's one minute per zone per nail, 3 minutes per nail is actually a long time to have to play around, so don't rush.

Hope this helps you!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input and suggestions and will take them to heart with my next set. I also gained some good ideas from Jaydee's thread also...

I know I'll get there, and as my partner keeps pointing out, I've only been doing it for 2wks now :D

Cheers, I'm off down to Melbourne for my brother's wedding for a long weekend - which means no nail practice till Monday! Doh!

Mercury

Latest posts

Back