Tint too dark

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrubadub

Reaction score
One of my colleagues did a brow tint and the hair was really porous and took super quick and came out too dark, are there any products to counteract this?

It fades in a few days anyway generally

Years ago we used to use cigarette ash to remove hair dye from hairline! I know that lash perm solution lightens lashes, maybe a bit of that? Or cream developer to open the hair up a bit if it’s the hair that is too dark, if there’s any colour on skin, a gentle exfoliant

You can buy professional stain remover for hair tint that’s stained the skin around the hairline but you’re talking lashes that are too dark, rather than staining. I wouldn’t be adding more chemicals to freshly tinted lashes as it increases the chances of a reaction.
How are they too dark? Did you use black when it ought to be brown or grey tint?

It’s brows, she said the brow tint was on for a very short time, so I don’t think putting a couple of mins onto that time would be a major problem?

If it wasn’t on long enough to develop properly, the fade will be faster.
Tints should be left for their full development time and the fade off will be slower.
Much better to choose the right colour or even mix two shades together to get the preferred colour.

Latest posts

Back