Tiny bit of lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavenly

Reaction score
Hi geeks, would like some help here.
I put a full set of tips and L&P (retention+) on a new client this Saturday. She popped in to the salon today to book her infills and also to show me that she has a little bit of lifting on her nails. There is a tiny, weeny 1/4mm of lifting product around the bottom of zone 3 on most nails. Zone 3 is a few mm away from her skin, I prepped fully and the product is very thin. Could it be that I should have filed a little more in this area? Her nails and the surrounding skin looked very dry, she promised me she has been using her solar oil 4 times a day, not too sure if she's telling porkies though :wink2:
Can anyone advise me on how to correct this without making matters worse. Is it just a case of buffing off this tiny margin of lifting product?
xxx

I would just follow your normal rebalance technique, ensuring you form a tight seal all the way around each nail. ie removing the lifting.

From the sounds of it she is not using her Solar oil, when you perform the rebalance you should be able to smell the solar oil strongly if she is using that much....

Have a read of geegs tutorial on zone 3 application, very helpful for putting an end to lifting as you describe! I beleive thin is great, but if it's too thin, there may not be enough strength to keep adhesion... blending it in with the brush is the way to go...

Latest posts

Back