Tip problems - please help before I go mad!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emi-loo

Reaction score
Hi guys n gals - Could someone please help? I normally sculpt but I thought Id better brush up my tip application, Ive read all of the threads for useful tips and following all of the advice to the book, however Im struggling to fit the tip well flush with the free edge, it doesnt matter how much I shape it I still cant get the darn thing to fit flush and its leaving a gap, I didnt have this problem when I trained with Bio or when I did my fibreglass course, only Ive been practicing on my husband, lol, (hes fab) and at first I was having trouble with fitting the tip and getting bubbles and bits flaking, after reading Geegs advice Ive rectified that, using Gel bond, bigger tips etc, but now Im really lacking in confidence and will dread anyone needing tips.
Ps - read a thread on the Creative Tuxedo board yesterday - yikes I think Ive been using the wrong sides, because I have white 180 boards and black 240s - could anyone tell me which side is which - according to the thread the white is the 240 side!!! Please wise peeps help!!!

Thanks in advance xxx

Sorry I sculpt myself so can't help you on fitting tips really.

The tuxedo is a 180/240 file and the white is the 240. The higher the number the smoother it gets.

HTH

Have a look at this great tutorial:

File Control!! Part 2 - Thinning and Blending Tips. (
multipage.gif
1 2)
geeg

I don't use tuxedo boards so can't advise.

Perhaps you need a 1-2-1 to brush up your tip application skills.

Just a thought but are the tips the right shape? Men's nails can be flatter than ladies. :eek:

Just a thought but are the tips the right shape? Men's nails can be flatter than ladies. :eek:

For flat nails that can't be sculpted A larger customised tip works better

Have a look at this great tutorial:

File Control!! Part 2 - Thinning and Blending Tips. (
multipage.gif
1 2)
geeg

I don't use tuxedo boards so can't advise.

Perhaps you need a 1-2-1 to brush up your tip application skills.

You may be right a 121 could be the only answer - have read all of the tutorials - I bought Geegs book months ago and have read it over and over - Ive got to grips with the thinning and blending its just actually fitting the tip to the free edge thats the problem - just cant afford a 121 at the mo - Im out of control with my credit cards as it is!!!

Thanks anyway

Thanks for everyone that has replied - I have used bigger tips and customised - just will not but up to the free edge properly - its driving me nuts

xxxx

Rest the tip on the free edge at the top (where the number is). Tip at a fourty five degree angle to the nail. Slide the tip down and when you feel and hear the click as the free edge pops in to the well area lift the numbered part of the tip upwards allowing the well to make contact with the nail.

HTH's

Rest the tip on the free edge at the top (where the number is). Tip at a fourty five degree angle to the nail. Slide the tip down and when you feel and hear the click as the free edge pops in to the well area lift the numbered part of the tip upwards allowing the well to make contact with the nail.

HTH's
Thanks louiser, I have been doing this, practising before i adhere the tip, but I never hear the click, Im just wondering whether I need bigger tips, Ive just been practising on my mum, but still had the same problem on some of them, mind you she does have wide flat wonky shaped nails, Im using Millenium square, I can put Velocity on a couple of my own with no probs, but thought that these were not suitable for mum. I will have to persevere, and try a bigger tip!!!
xx

Latest posts

Back