Tipped but not overlaid nails....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vetty

Lost and happy geek!
Reaction score
I am doing some 1:1 (Creative) training in a couple of weeks to make sure my application techniques are sound. My educator has recommended I tip my models hand before the session so I don't waste time as I'm happy with tipping and blending, which raises a question in my mind.....

If I tip my model the night before my 1:1 will she be ok to shower/wash hair etc. as her nails wont have any l&p on them?

I hope this makes sense & someone can give me the nod (or otherwise!)

Thanks,

Yvette
x

Yvette,

On my foundation we had to put tips on our own left hand one night, for a colleague to apply L&P the next day. I broke 2 of the tips the same night I put them on and one the next day getting into the car!! When we got to class, a couple of others had also had similar probs - but we were told this was good, in that it showed we'd blended them well enough... Pain in the ass though as we had to re-do them! LOL!

With this in mind I'd say that you should apply the tips and blend A BIT, but not fully. If you blend them fully, if your model does anything, she's likely to break them - as we did.

HTH

I agree, i did my fdfc and i had to tip on the first day, that night i broke 3 and this is why i now know that there is NO strength in the tips at all, it really is in the product. cant she wash her hair the day b4 and then scrum it for the next day, just for you...

xxx

Thanks guys - this was what I expected! I'll have a chat with her - she's actually really good at looking after her nails, so she may be ok.....!

Yx

They'll be fine. I know loads of techs who go out wearing just tips (blended of course) when they haven't had time to do their own nails (typical). You'd be amazed how long they last for. Goes without saying though that they don't compare with a finished set. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back