Tipping or sculpting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkinails

Reaction score
Hi,

Just after a bit of advice really- I was taught to tip when learning nails we never got round to the sculpting part but just brushed over it.

Just recently if I have lost a nail I have replaced it with a sculpt I got some sample forms from young nails which are fab I have just sculpted a nail on my right hand (so using my left!!!) and have got a fantastic result the shape is lovely perfect lower arch and C curve it just seems to look much nicer.

Now obviously sculpting is quicker due to lack of tipping and blending cheaper as forms work out cheaper than tips.

But are they as strong as a tipped nail also you obviously couldnt sculpt a nail biter or could you? any advice before I start to sculpt regurlaly would be greatly received.

Ive asked my mum to remove her nails so I can sculpt hers before I go for it on paying customers But i reallly do quite like it!!!

Thanks and sorry about the long rambling post!!

Nikki.xx

oooh! i love sculpting - it always gives me a real sense of achievement - although as Geeg said in the linked thread above -I must be careful not to become a 'sculpting snob' (!) and continue working with tips as and when needed e.t.c. :lol:

But are they as strong as a tipped nail..,
the strength lies in the acrylic and providing the structure of the nail is right then you should have no probs. HTH

sculpts are just as strong if not stronger than tips as there is more product.

With tips there can be breakdown of the adhesive used. I only tip if really really needed. Sculpts are quicker (when you have mastered them) save money, and there is no breakdown of the product. To me sculpting is an art form - LOL

Clients also find them better to wear! If a corner is chipped it is easier and quicker to put a form on and sculpt that area, rather than removing the tip etc and starting again.

I personally have a pet hate for white tips, do not like them. A set of pink and whites look far more natural.

I agree with you on the white tips I nevere use those just natural I create my french with white and pink powders.

I cant understand the point of white tips reallly as I did contemplate them but you have still got too get your smile lines nice when you rbalance?

Anyways guys thanks for your tips (excuse the pun) Im deffo gonna give the sculpting ashot.

Nikki.xxx

Hiya :green:

I have discovered that I enjoy scupting more than tips, although I have not sat my training yet, so i am very naughty for not using tips. I was getting really good with the sculpting, and got my time down to 2.5hrs and then had a client that was perfect for tipping, so tipped her nails, and it took me 4 HOURS!!! It really put me off, and I have not tipped since, although I need to be able to for my exam.....HELP!!!!

~ Adelle (NZer)

I like both tho I really only got into sculpting this year, I think you should do everything that way you cant stagnate! Do a search theres loads on here about sculpting.

Happy Sculpting!

AdelleNailsIt said:
Hiya :green:

I have discovered that I enjoy scupting more than tips, although I have not sat my training yet, so i am very naughty for not using tips. I was getting really good with the sculpting, and got my time down to 2.5hrs and then had a client that was perfect for tipping, so tipped her nails, and it took me 4 HOURS!!! It really put me off, and I have not tipped since, although I need to be able to for my exam.....HELP!!!!

~ Adelle (NZer)

It is always better to learn how to do tips first then when you are proficient doing them move on to another area like sculpts, you will find the main thing with sculpting is, you need to learn is how to build the free edge and make sure the nail is balanced correctly. Your half way there cause you know how to tip.

You will then find your timing is a tad longer due to learning the new but when you need to apply tips, there is always someone that requires tips you will be a whole lot quicker then before.

Practice with anything is what helps with timings etc.

Take care

Latest posts

Back