tipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kay welch

Reaction score
Here we go again the same old thing but i do have problems with blending when appling clear tips i size up cut out a bit of well area and ears then blend a little before putting on to nails problem. icant see the contact area underneath its gone all cloudy where i have pre-blended hope this makes sense so i cant see if i am fitting tip to smile line on natural nail or if there are any air bubbles.is there a knack to doing this i feel this is really holding me back and starting to dread natural extensions any tips please:confused:

applying clear tips is no different than fitting a natural or white tip (if you've ever used white tips), you should be able to feel the tip butt up to the nail as opposed to 'seeing' the well of the tip placement.
hope I've explained that ok, i know what i want to say but can't find the right words :o

This could be the way you already do it but its kind of hard to understand from your post...

This is kind of hard to explain. Hold the tip at an angle to the nail, pull it down slowly until you hear or feel a little 'click' as the edge of the well area clicks over the natural nail and then press it flat. Never fails for me!

I am not sure if this will help or not, but when I apply tips, after the tip has been pre tailored and blended and resin applied, I hold the tip at a 45 degree angle to the nail and press on the edge of the nail until it 'clicks'. This click is where the nail edge connects to the tiny bit of well ridge thats left. Is that explained right... The ridge between the tip and the well yeah?? I find this then gives the correct shaped platform for the product to sit on.

Someone else will prolly explain it better but I tried lol!

that is exactly the kind of thing I was thinking Hollie, you're an angel :)
i need to take a class in descriptive writing lol

holliejayne said:
This could be the way you already do it but its kind of hard to understand from your post...

This is kind of hard to explain. Hold the tip at an angle to the nail, pull it down slowly until you hear or feel a little 'click' as the edge of the well area clicks over the natural nail and then press it flat. Never fails for me!

Doh! I am never quick enough with my replies... but yeah holliejayne explains it like it is lol!

I still had trouble, I thought back to how my trainer explained it!! x

Thankxs for that i think its me maybe not appliying correctly think i could do with going on a trouble shootig course.Currently using backscrathers any one recomend a good course.

what tips are you using...do they have a stop point that you can get this click with?....
I know what you mean as I always get students to blend a tip without pre blending it.... as well as one they have preblended in case they dont see any air bubbles....but using gelbond...especially pink gelbond helps with this also....:!:
another good tip when applying tips is to keep your elbow tucked right in at your side whilst doing it...if the elbow is out the tip tends to go up....into a ski jump.....:eek:

Hollyjane what was the address of your descriptive writing course...I think I need it....:o

I think i got them of ebay some blend really quick others take ages then i end up wihr a hole in them.Ill try that tip keeping my elbows down i think a lot of it is the way i position them.Yeah they do sometimes stick up thanxs any tips appricated.

a little off the subject, but what in you guys opinion (yeah i need help with regular writting never mind discriptive haha) are the best tips, iv run out of a couple of sizes and i dont find the tips i have very good anyway, so id like to get new ones, i use natural mostly, something easy to blend wud be great too!

wendyrose said:
a little off the subject, but what in you guys opinion (yeah i need help with regular writting never mind discriptive haha) are the best tips, iv run out of a couple of sizes and i dont find the tips i have very good anyway, so id like to get new ones, i use natural mostly, something easy to blend wud be great too!

Cnd Velocity tips are great......and easy to blend

Latest posts

Back