Tips on blending

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just a little "tip" on blending a nail tip. After you have applied the tip, run a little glue over the edge of the tip and file while the glue is still wet. It will blend the tip faster. Also If you use a clear tip it blends better .but do not use gelbond glue with a clear tip. Good luck...Nina
Karen1961 said:
I wonder if anyone can offer some help. I have only just qualified as beauty therapist which included the nail technician qualification. This has really only taught me the basics and I only do gel extensions at the mo. I have just incorporated this into my business but I desperately need to speed up with my blending. It is taking me me about 2 hours 15 mins to do a set of nails (without the nail art!) I also think that my blending could be better as you can still see the join where the artifical blends in with the natural nail sometimes. Can any kind person give me some tips as to how to perfect my blending so I can speed up a bit!! Thanks

Karen

spiceebear said:
do not use gelbond glue with a clear tip.
why not?
I have used clear tips with gelbond with no problems at all, I've also never blended a tip in while the adhesive it still wet.
any chance you can explain why and how this will help please?

Fingertips ND said:
I just pre blend my tips and blending takes me no time at all!

How do you do this?

jee-nails said:
How do you do this?

Reduce your contact area (i use manicure scissors)
Then thin the entire contact area right down to the ears and across the tip (holding the abrasive flat to the tip) until it is thin and becoming transparent.
The less tip there is the easier it will be to blend ;)

spiceebear said:
just a little "tip" on blending a nail tip. After you have applied the tip, run a little glue over the edge of the tip and file while the glue is still wet. It will blend the tip faster. Also If you use a clear tip it blends better .but do not use gelbond glue with a clear tip. Good luck...Nina

Ok to clarify... When the clear tips were first released, CND thought that Gel bond may have problems with them... This is not the case and this recomendation was withdrawn, so go for gold use gelbond with clear tips!!

Filing over wet adhesive (not glue) would most likely choke up the abrasive?

HTH's

Karen1961 said:
I wonder if anyone can offer some help. I have only just qualified as beauty therapist which included the nail technician qualification. This has really only taught me the basics and I only do gel extensions at the mo. I have just incorporated this into my business but I desperately need to speed up with my blending. It is taking me me about 2 hours 15 mins to do a set of nails (without the nail art!) I also think that my blending could be better as you can still see the join where the artifical blends in with the natural nail sometimes. Can any kind person give me some tips as to how to perfect my blending so I can speed up a bit!! Thanks

Karen

one way my teacher taughts us was to blend the tip a little before we applied it to the nail. and with a coarse, but not to coarse in case you filed the real nail no damage would occur. and you can also use a tip blender. it comes in a brush on formula. and you just apply it to the area to be blended, wait a few seconds and file/buff the excess tip plastic off. good luck!

I HATE tip blenders AND I hate the mentality of those who teach students to use them.

1st. they do not get the job done any faster at all
2nd. You still have to use a file
3rd. Using solvents near the clients skin is an over exposure hazard
4th. You are more likely to cause nail plate damage as the abrasive goes through the sticky tip product.

Tip blenders are an amateur, quick-fix option in my opinion ... taught by beauty colleges and schools because the tutors do not want to take the time to teach the correct skill of how to blend a tip without causing damage to the nail plate. If you read the link above in my post you can learn how to do it ... its all there.

It's not like tip blending is something you always have to do. But if you are going to do it. Learn how to do it skillfully, safely and correctly. Once you know how, it is easy, fast, safe and efficient.

I agree with geeg!

If we were all taught properly during our training and then continue to practice our skills there should be no need for anything other than our files for blending as I said right at the beginning of this thread!

I agree too, I was so annoyed when my tutor (NVQ) insisted we used acetone to blend the tips!!! although I don't think she was very impressed when I said I didn't want to do it that way and could she please teach me the proper way lol

xxx
Fingertips ND said:
I agree with geeg!

If we were all taught properly during our training and then continue to practice our skills there should be no need for anything other than our files for blending as I said right at the beginning of this thread!

When i was trained the first thing we were told to do was thorugh away any tip blender.

can anyone help me with writng a bussines plan for starting mobile nails in my area in west london?:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back