Tips on how to be quicker at spray tanning please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kazzy12

Reaction score
Hi all,

Once again I'm calling on you guys for knowledge!

I use the Tanning Essentials Rapid tanning system, my gun is usually set to 2 and machine to 3. Tanning appointments tend to take me about 40 mins as I talk the client through the procedure, ask them to fill in consultation form and get set up. When actually tanning I don't rush, I tend to watch the tan solution going onto the client and use that as an indicator as to wether I need to slow it down or be a little quicker. I also always do two layers on my clients (I did my training with St Tropez and they drill it into you to do two layers so if you miss anywhere on the first layer you'll get it on the 2nd)

However, I'm seeing a lot of other tanning technicians feedback on FB and apparently these techs are in, done, and back out of their clients houses again within 20 mins?!

Do you guys think I need to be trying to quicken things up a bit, or are these other techs rushing?

If anyone thinks I need to quicken up then any tips would be fab. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
We're in a salon so all set up and ready to go. We get client to fill form out whilst talking through pre care and what look they'd like. Then into room. Get them undressed and ready with barrier cream, hair net etc. The spraying takes probably 5 minutes with my experienced girls and 8-10 with my new girl. Then wipe palms whilst talking through aftercare etc leave them to get dressed. Pay and out the door in 12-20 minutes tops. For us there is not enough of a margin to take any more time.

I'm salon based and same timings as Nemo.

Mobile will obviously take slightly longer due to setting up however it's possibly the explaining the procedure and chat beforehand that's prolonging the appointment. Are you spending a lot of time explaining the procedure and shade of tan?

You could email a consultation form and info beforehand so it's just a quick check and signature at the appointment?

Spray tans are my quickest consultations. Ask client what shade of tan...light, medium or dark? Client completes form while I open sticky feet etc in front of them and fill the gun with solution then I give them a couple of minutes to undress, apply moisturiser to dry bits and step into sticky feet and into the tent facing the back.

It takes longer to set up when ur mobile. for me the entire app takes about half an hour. I'm a perfectionist lol I take my time and talk to the client

Last edited:
Try and not compare yourself with anyone else, sure you are doing a great job! :) x

Latest posts

Back