Tips- to keep or share?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well im not sure how the law stands on this but i would of thought she has no legal right to take part of your tips from you a tip is a gift from your client directly to you meaning it is lawfully your money god she may as well go in your purse and take some of your money because this is what she is doing by taking part of you tips! i would definatly not stand for this! it is most unfair and as someone mentiond before im sure your clients would be most anoyed to know the tip they were giving you was being halfed with the receptionist.
no disrespect to the receptionist but its the therapist that puts in the hard graft and extra effort to ensure the client is happy and this is why they are rewarded with a tip! unfortunatly yes tips are taxable! xx

I think that's a really good point - a gift is a gift! all my therapists keep their own tips, I certainly would never take money a client had intended for the therapist treating them - as you say - it is a gift is it not?

I like the idea of a tip jar for the receptionist - perhaps even as a trial period. See who actually tips the receptionist over a month preiod!! If there is nothing in the jar, then perhaps she needs to up her level of customer service...if there IS something in the jar..keep the jar!
I really think it should be up to the clients to decide who to tip, and how much.
When I was in salon, if I'd had a particularly good day/week for tips, I'd buy biscuits/cream cake etc for me and my receptionist. (Of course it helps that she's now my best friend and we could do this sort of thing) She never got tips because she didn't have a jar, and she never complained!! I think it's important to make ALL members of staff feel equally valued, but this doesn't necessarily mean all of them being eligible for tips.

Latest posts

Back