Toning bleached hair with Special Blonde...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KezG

Reaction score
Hi
I am doing a client's roots tomorrow - she has a full head bleach which comes up a white blonde, but the ends of her hair are quite gold (she used to have tint highlights). She wants to tone the ends to match the roots a bit better. I seem to remember someone saying you can use Koleston Special Blonde as a toner with 3% and leave on for 10 mins. Is this correct?! Or would it be better to use a Colour Touch?

Hi
I am doing a client's roots tomorrow - she has a full head bleach which comes up a white blonde, but the ends of her hair are quite gold (she used to have tint highlights). She wants to tone the ends to match the roots a bit better. I seem to remember someone saying you can use Koleston Special Blonde as a toner with 3% and leave on for 10 mins. Is this correct?! Or would it be better to use a Colour Touch?

High lift tint are not toners, if you used 3% with it to tone you would only achieve hair that been fried and had tone dropped into it!! So yeah colour touch :)

Depending on how gold it is, you may never get it to match the roots (if she likes it white white)without bleach cleansing it...with a very low volume developer or cutting them off! x

Latest posts

Back