Toning blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicolab9138

Reaction score
Im an old school hairdresser and just gone back into it. I applied a scalp bleach to my clients hair and it is still brassy. She is a base 5. Can I apply a wella 12/89 with 6% it eliminate brassiness and get that extra degree in lightness. Or would you advise to mix 10/1 with pastel mix? Please advise

i use 10/16 to tone alot with koleston comes us really nice i use it with pastel but dependant on condition, you could lift again with 6% i would be really careful that it doesnt grab the tone too much though or you could have a very unhappy client, alternatively alot of the blue frosting shampoos are very good to get a clean blonde, loreal's is particulary good pop it on and treat the hair with a hot towel and visually develop, then advise client to continue usuage at home

Highlift is way to strong to apply on pre lightened hair and will cause alot of damage. Their is another thread similar to this somewhere with someone using 12/89 and not realizing is not designed for this purpose!

Sent from my iPod touch using SalonGeek

10/16 is also nice if it is quite brassy/has range tones, mox it with pastel, apply fast because again it can grab x

Thanks will try this out.

Latest posts

Back