Too old to retrain??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyjunkie

Reaction score
Hi all so i qualified in my NVQ L2 Hair and Beauty roughly 4 years ago. I loved hairdressing but as I was late doing my course having to work and save to do course as had to support myself not having family to help me. When i qualified i couldnt find a Hairdressing salon willing to take me on as an apprentice as I was older and they wanted younger people as could pay them less ... this is what i was told everywhere i went anyway! So i went into Beauty and have been working as a Beauty Therapist these last 4 years however i dont really enjoy most of it and I have just found someone who is looking to take on a trainee in Hair. I am now 25. Do you think i am too old to swap now and train in Hair??????????

Thanks guys :)

25 too old?!?! LOL!! :wink2:

Sorry lovey, I went into my beauty training as a COMPLETE beauty virgin at the age of 40!!

Simple answer I believe is that you're never too old. Go for it. :D

Lol if 25 is too old there's no hope for any of us! You're probably going to be working for another 40 years yet, far too long to waste. Go for it!

No not too old at all!!! I only started training in Beauty Therapy @ 23......I am now 29 and have just enrolled to start Hairdressing as a complete novice....I agree Never Too Old....go for it!!! :D x

Hey Hun I'm 25 in October and just finished my level 2 about 6 months ago, your never too old and you'll find someone to take you on! I just made sure they knew I was aware it was better for them financially etc to take on someone younger but when it came to actually working that I would more than make up for it and work my butt off :) I hope all goes well for ya Hun x

aww thanks guys :) just seemed 2 me every where i went i was oldest person ever 2 start hairdressing lol glad other ppl have started late aswell and yea i would work my butt off too lol espesh as i want to do well and prove i can do it .... thanks for all your positive replies fellow geeks :biggrin: xxxxx

Definitely not too old! I'm 44 this year and started my beauty training when I was 39! You've got plenty of years in you yet!!! I only wish I'd started when I was 25!

not old at all! i think the older you are the better you absorb the information, in fact you grasp at lot of technique and variations of skill level. Good luck and dont be nervous! xoxo

not old at all! i think the older you are the better you absorb the information, in fact you grasp at lot of technique and variations of skill level. Good luck and dont be nervous! xoxo

Couldn't agree more! When I was at college I always had the younger ones asking me for help because I took it all in more :)

no you will kick yourself if you dont do it .. i left hairdressing and always regretted it .. did beauty etc .. but now am getting back into hair and i love it , have done a couple of refresher courses and doing some more next yr too ..oooh and i am 35 , lol

Ha ! ,

I can beat you all so far :)

Trained in Nails at the age of 41 and Beauty Therapy at 46 !!!!!!!!

Too old at 25 . You are having a laugh - Just go for it :)

I started in the beauty business at the ripe old age of 50. You are never to old. I haven't looked back since I started x

Latest posts

Back