Tooting my own horn!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought eyelashes had a life cycle of 6 weeks, so if a false one is glued to one of your lashes it would only last this length of time.

So would it mean that if they weren't "topped up", they would only last the 6 weeks(which is still pretty good). Although i'd imagine they would have grown out by this stage. I just wouldn't like to say 3 months, when in fact they only lasted half the time.

I'm open to other ideas and theories though.
Can this be explained?

I've had quite a few clients (about 30) that have had these done and were annoyed they didn't last as long as promised (needless to say, they will never have them done again). They also complained of them knotting and have a mind of their own when they went swimming or had a shower. Not to mention every now and then if they blink in a particular way they go ballistic, then when they had them taken off, they ended up with bald patches for a few weeks.

I thought of adding this to my service menu as the money seemed quite good, but from my clients experience I was a little worried about upselling a product which didn't live up to it's hype.

Those before and after pics are amazing.

Me too, and I tried doing them and decided - it would do me head in!!

I think they are stunningly beautiful - but the upkeep and the client expectations would irritate me (clients are funny and don't always listen) but also the time factor - when your practicing - its hours of concentration.

I also decided that the income from it - may not be as lucrative as I thought - if it was taking so long to do. (discounting to get the clients in)

But I am not dissing them -I think they are wonderful - but not for me.

I also don't like the way the big companies took this service on and charge a fortune to us for them- even though it is so cheap to get the lashes from China/Japan - where the service originates

Well done though - I would be just as proud as you if I did them. I love looking at lash extension pics.

xxx

I do agree that if you don't take care of them or you abuse them they can go funky. My sister had 1 or 2 lashes that laid funny but when we did the Touch-Up we fixed that problem.
As for the length of time they last... I think they count the amount of time until the very last one falls off. Sure they CAN last 2-3 months but they won't look good at the end! If you get them Touched-Up on schedule they are very nice.

They look really stunning, well done

wow,they look so natural.:)

Toot away , they look wonderful. :D

Latest posts

Back