Totally Confused about pricing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all

im in dire need of some advice on pricing. I have downloaded and been and collected loads of price lists to get some idea on what to charge. I am newly qualified and have done creative training as well and use all thier products and want to know a going or start off point to price my manicures and pedicures and also acylics and rebalancing etc.

any help would be most appreicated as i am totally lost and my head hurts

look forward to hearing from you

in anticipation

tracey:o

When people set their prices they do so to make money so make sure you don't sell yourself cheap.

The way I calculate it is look at all my weekly overheads ie product, salon costs (this still applies if you are home based or mobile) such as utilities, rent, phone, car etc etc. Then add them all up and divide them by the number of hours you'll be working, you will than have an hourly rate of your overheads. So if you find that you are spending £10 an hour just to work then it's no good trying to be cutprice and charge £15 for a set that may take you 2 hours as you'll only be earning £2.50 an hour (god I hope this all makes sense!).

When you are looking at other salons be careful not to try and compete with cut price salons that whack em in and whack em out! I can't say how much to charge as it is so regional so be guided by the lists you have. Remember it is easier to bring your prices down rather than put them up so start fairly high and then you can do offers. Also if you attract people who are prepared to pay more for quality they tend to be more loyal and more likely to spend on retail. HTH

thanks sooo much for some advice, that really helps

hugs

Hi there, some great advice from 'The Sass'... also don't forget, Creative is high end and widely considered to be the Chanel of the nail industry (quote from Newby Hands - Harpers & Queen) - consumers expect to pay a certain amount for Creative Services providing the technician is experienced and qualified!! I know you say you have just completed your training... maybe you could start off with a certain price range but let your customers know that within 6-8 months the prices will go up.... :!:

hi sam (hope you dont mind me calling you by your first name)

thats a great idea, i was overwhelmed by all the different systems out there and whist my friends were telling me to go for gel i want totally unimpressed. however once i showed her a l&p with creative she was dumbfound as they looked natural and not what she was used to seeing.

i wouldnt work with any other product, i think creative rock and will stay put and they are in doubt the best worldwide.

thats so much for the advice and hope to hear from you soon

tracey

Latest posts

Back