Trademark Solicitor Letter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are loads of businesses with beautique in their names and most are beauty too. Im gonna ask the guy if i may use it, see what he says, he can only say no after all

Have you read back a couple of pages? The owner of this trademark is a director of many big brands and a millionaire most likely. Closest you can get is talking to his solicitor and I think if they didn't mind people using it they wouldn't have trademarked it.

Bringing yourself to the attention of the solicitor when you are breaching the trademark may be a bad move. They make there money by enforcing the trademark on behalf of the client. If you contact them you may be seen as a pay day.

Have you read back a couple of pages? The owner of this trademark is a director of many big brands and a millionaire most likely. Closest you can get is talking to his solicitor and I think if they didn't mind people using it they wouldn't have trademarked it.

Bringing yourself to the attention of the solicitor when you are breaching the trademark may be a bad move. They make there money by enforcing the trademark on behalf of the client. If you contact them you may be seen as a pay day.

Oh thanks, lucky im not using it yet, i will think of something else i think, thanks again

Just wanted to bump this thread- as I'm still getting lots of people (a few a week) who want to use the name "Beautique" as part of their business name/logo.

Just to recap, it's a registered trademark and people have been getting solicitors letters by using it.

So........don't! :)

Sorry, hope someone can answer.
How do I find out what "category" they have trademarked?
I've just looked at my business name, and it has been trademarked but it is a clothing company (I did look before picking name, but my business name is listed on page 3 and as it's one word, I assumed it wasn't on the list).A different company trademarked the work (for spirits), but has since been withdrawn.
Am I okay to use my business name as it isn't a beauty business?

Here you go...

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/tm/t-os/t-find.htm

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/tm/t-os/t-find-class.htm

Classification search:

http://oami.europa.eu/ec2

Sorry, hope someone can answer.
How do I find out what "category" they have trademarked?
I've just looked at my business name, and it has been trademarked but it is a clothing company (I did look before picking name, but my business name is listed on page 3 and as it's one word, I assumed it wasn't on the list).A different company trademarked the work (for spirits), but has since been withdrawn.
Am I okay to use my business name as it isn't a beauty business?

Wow brilliant thread, read from top to bottom as maybe rebranding my own name to open a salon premises..

Will be checking on every name idea I come up with now,,

Sarah x

Latest posts

Back