Training/accreditation complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadAlice

Reaction score
I have had a bad experience with a training company and looking for some advice please
I trained in four courses that included equipment, kit and accredited certificates (They stated accreditation with two companies). I was mis sold and sent a email of complaint to the company that has not been resolved.

I found out during research, while writing my complaint, that the company were not accredited at the time of my training,( both companies confirmed this)
and yet issued me forged certificates amongst a whole host of other issues including being trained by non qualified people.

I have been in touch with the accreditation companies. One does not accredit any of the courses I attended and the second company have agreed to backdate the certificates..... I have never heard of this. (After my email of complaint, they swiftly got accreditation)

I have been to CAB who were not overly helpful but have contacted trading standards to which I am waiting to hear back.
I am trying to claim my money back through PayPal but this is not just the money issue, although it is quite a substantial amount.
With the accreditation company not taking me seriously, I do not know who to approach next in regard to the training company and the accreditation companies unethical approach

Any suggestions welcome
Thanks

Unless they have deliberately misled you or are in breach of contract, you probably have little comeback. It really depends on the exact terms of the contract that you signed up to when you booked and paid for the training. Chances are, it was deliberately vague.
Legally, anyone in the UK can offer training in say, hair extensions, without holding any professional qualifications at all. Unfortunately, it’s up to the student to do their research before parting with any cash.

HABIA (Hair and Beauty Industry Authority) for instance, will no longer accredit hair extension courses taken by non-hairdressers. However, plenty of insurance companies will accredit a course in return for payment from the person running the course. Accreditation does not imply any minimum standards of quality in terms of teaching and assessment, so it’s almost pot luck whether they’re well run or not.

On the other hand, some insurance company accredited courses are exceptionally well run, but you will only know this by doing extensive research beforehand.

I was deliberately misled and received non C.E approved equipment, incomplete manuals etc . Just seems little point in terms of accreditation as no come back for anything

If the electrical equipment was potentially dangerous then Trading Standards should be your best bet.

Otherwise, your only other option is to sue for a refund via the County Court.

If the company is supplying poor quality training, unfortunately, there’s really no comeback.

Latest posts

Back