training help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heavenly_Nails

Reaction score
I was hoping if anybody has heard off this certificate and course it runs for 2 days in L&P and the certificate you get is KBN habia approved.

www.kokobay.co.uk

If you want to take a look website above, please can you let me know what you think and wheather it worth doing.

Im am already nvq 2 nail service quilafield (city and guilds) so have understanding on using fibreglass.

thanks

Hiya:)

Sorry might just be me but whos Acrylic system will they be training you in?
Just above it says something about creative acrylic nails? Bit confused as I'm sure that it can't be creative system they will be training you in in 2 days?

Please correct me if I didn't look hard enough.....!!!!!!!

Treats said:
Hiya:)

Sorry might just be me but whos Acrylic system will they be training you in?
Just above it says something about creative acrylic nails? Bit confused as I'm sure that it can't be creative system they will be training you in in 2 days?

Please correct me if I didn't look hard enough.....!!!!!!!

Sounds like whatever system they are using, the certificate is their own, not a recognised company as the companies they mention are Creative & Star. They can't be Creative trainers in their own salon & I don't know how Star's training works but I'm sure they'd mention if it was a Star Nails qualification. It's your choice how you spend your money but sounds to me like you'll end up spending more to convert later on so I'd invest in a course with a reputable company. Make sure you do your research before you jump into anything, find out as much about them as you can, especially from people who've already done the course. The trainer may be fantastic but if she isn't, you'll probably end up having to spend a lot more to get further training.

Also, don't forget that if they are training with Creative products (which they advertise as using themselves), you cannot buy these products from Creative if you haven't trained with them.

Hi, yes I would be very interested to know what products are used in the training........Creative Nail Design foundation Courses are 5 days.........and the kit included in the course certainly is worth more than £50.

I would also like to know how they manage to cover all those topics in 2 days!!

the website certainly does not claim to use creative products in the training, but it could be implied.
It certainly warrants more investigation before you would part with any money.

If you want to be a Creative Nail Technician there is only 1 way to get the proper information on all the courses available in your area, and that would be to phone Designer nails in Leeds 0113 275 5719.

Cheery,

Just to follow up i went and asked them about what kit and they salon systems

If they are trying to gain credibility by saying they use Creative products in their training this should be a RED Light to you straight away. They are already being dishonest.

They do not in any way represent Creative Nail Design and you would not be able to purchase products from Creative after taking your course. Their 'certificate' would not be recognized nor worth the paper it is written on and I doubt also that they are Habia approved either.

I think it is all a load of old rubbish and typical of the appalling training being offered by amateurs and scam merchants. Go to a recognized training provider who has a reputation.

Salon Systems is not a professional brand and can be bought at any wholesale outlet by members of the public. It is obvious they are not approved trainers for any company and are just trying to cash in with people like you. Be careful.

This leads on from my other thread about the responsibility of training providers. Did you at any time take note of the word INTRODUCTORY? Or did you just hone in on the bit that says BOOK NOW AND INCREASE YOUR PROFITS. It is insinuating that you will do this two day course and be able to go out and earn loads of money. This is what is beginning to annoy me, there are so many crap courses out there (not saying that this one is BTW, it may be a good one but I doubt it) churning out students who then think they are a nail technician, do bad nails, do damage and bring our whole reputation down.

What a shame there isn't any other training courses on their prospectus! Where's the skill building courses? The troubleshooting courses? What qualifications does she have to teach? etc etc

Take my advice hunny, this course looks too cheap to be true so steer well clear.

Here here Sassy! Totally agree with you chick:)

Latest posts

Back