training my brush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IllumeGirl

Reaction score
i have just bought a new brush head( pro styler) for my masters series which has been tucked away for over a year. i was using a nsi cats toungue brush( dont laugh, thats what its called!)it has crimp through the ferrel which makes the brush more of a flat type than a rounded type like the pro styler, which im so not used to now. been reading up on geegs brush control etc which is very helpful and i'm sure will hopefully sink in by this evenings client, but i'm feeling so awkward with it, which is leading to more filing, no doubt when this weeks clients return next time there maybe some lifting, lol. have been scrubfreshing the daylights out of them just in case and working hard at keeping tiny free margin. i think part of the foreign feeling is the steel handle too. such a pretty brush, but really struggling at the moment. any geeks with extra tips or even words of encouragement PLEASE?
icon_sad.gif

I had a problem getting used to the pro styler orginally but i just made sure i did soeme practice beads before the application and warmed myself up. Putting in the practice in the evening on my nail trainer helped as well. Now i break two brushes in at the same time so i always have a spare and don't get caught out.

happy brushing hun
x

thankyou scatty. will give that a try. have no trainer but do have two children!
icon_smile.gif

ooohh one thing i was told was don't twiddle my brush make sure i dip it in monomer and then flatten on a piece of couch roll gently to get my shape and make sure i always clean it in fresh monomer and dry in a piece of paper towel not ahng it from my light as i was apt to do.

yes, i always used to hang mine from my light always, but now with my new precious baby im tucking him away in my drawer unless using it!

finally after quite a few clients hav gotten the hang of my brush,it suddenly all came together on my last client. i just did the most beautiful nails i have ever done! she does have the best nail plates tho, which always helps.loving this brush now,great for smiles too, can get them deeper than before pro styler.:Love:

New techniques and tools always feel WEIRD at first. As you have proved, you only have to persevere and you will reap the benefits. Kind of like 'wearing' in a new pair of shoes .... it doesn't take long. x

Latest posts

Back