Training recommendations please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleDragon

Wombaling around
Reaction score
Morning all :)

I am a new nail tech and have the opportunity to hire a room at a local hair salon, and their is a space already set up for spray tans, which no one there does at the moment.
This seems like a good opportunity to do training in spray tans as they have hair clients who used to have spray tans done with them and are still asking when they will be doing them again, so there are possible clients there.

I was intending to add services anyway such as lashes, spray tans, brows etc one by one as and when I had the extra money.

My question is what training would you recommend?
I have been searching and there are a lot of options and prices differ dramatically. I don't want to go cheap and for the training to be no good or pay over the odds for training that really isn't up to scratch. Had my pocket burnt before so that's why I would rather go by recommendations.

Thanks in advance for any help.

If it helps I live in Staffordshire but am willing to travel.

Ellisons do courses with their academy, they have one in Birmingham, not overly far from Staffordshire if you can travel.
Have you looked into those?

Thank you for the reply. :)

I have looked at Ellison they do the St Tropez training and Alan Howard do St Tropez and Tanworx training too both AH and Ellison's are the same price but there is a Alan Howard near me.
Have you trained with Ellisons? What products do you recommend or use?

I don't know what the training at either place or the products are like and I know nothing about tanning (as yet) as I have never even had one myself. I would obviously have to buy a kit once trained hence looking for recommendations. What machines are good/ always brake, what solutions give good results / horrible results etc.
As I found out with nails it is a good idea to train with the product that you want to use, so would like to start off on the right path.

I haven't done the spray tan training through Ellisons it was a good few years back with an independent trainer.
I got my kit through la tanning, they offer training too.
Best thing I found was to sample a few different companies to see which tan you prefer [emoji5]️

I trained at Ellisons for St Tropez spray tanning. I thought the training was good and I love using St Tropez. I wouldn't recommend buying the package they offer though, I'm on my 4th gun in less than a year! I bought their mobile package with the tanning essentials proV. If I could go back I'd probably buy a maximist instead x x

I trained at Ellisons for St Tropez spray tanning. I thought the training was good and I love using St Tropez. I wouldn't recommend buying the package they offer though, I'm on my 4th gun in less than a year! I bought their mobile package with the tanning essentials proV. If I could go back I'd probably buy a maximist instead x x

Thank you Mellynn I was leaning more towards St Tropez, but have seen a few threads regarding one of their guns breaking alot so will have to look further into a kit. Other than that St Tropez seems to be well liked.

Latest posts

Back