Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clairey123

Reaction score
Hi! I'm looking to train in all aspects of beauty therapy (facials, waxing, pedicures and manicures ect) but I would like to learn in short courses rather than the year long course. Could anyone recommend a good training school for me? I know some of the shorter courses don't always cover as much as they could so I'm looking for a course that I will leave feeling confident and able to provide good quality treatments. I live in Brighton but would be willing to travel to London or the surrounding areas. Thank you x

Short courses offered by reputable trainers for treatments such as Nails or waxing are great for giving you advanced training but they're not so useful for giving you a basic all round beauty qualification such as the level 2 NVQ.

Plus a number of London boroughs are now requiring Salons (inc. self employed therapists) to register (and pay) for a treatment licence and without a recognised NVQ type qualification, you can't get a licence.
I don't know which authorities are already running this system but as it's an easy money making opportunity for councils, it's likely to spread outside of London in the not too distant future so definitely check with your local council and consider the likelihood of them introducing new rules.

If you want do do NVQ but don't have the time to go to college, some private beauty schools will offer NVQ on a fast track. These courses can be quite expensive, however, if I remember correctly some will do it by module so you can do your course, build up a client base then add the next therapy.

Good luck and hope this helps.

I've just signed up with OMNI Beauty Academy in Surrey - they offer NVQ on really flexible terms I.e 2 days per week or evenings or weekends etc so really helpful if like me you already have a day job etc.... I've just completed brow shape and lash brow tinting with them - very impressed with the quality of training and general support provided - good luck X

Latest posts

Back