Treatment Menu

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carron

Reaction score
Hi

I'm soon starting up my own business and i'm looking through a whole load of salon menu's to compare pricing, treatments etc.

I'm going to the scottish beauty show in May and was looking around the stall plans to plan my route. I noticed glitter tattoos and thought I could make up a package to add to my menu for the little ladies where they get a mini manicure, pedicure, file and polish and maybe a glitter tattoo.

Does anyone use them and what do you think?

My friend was saying her two young boys got them done when they were away on holiday. It cost £5 for the tattoos and they loved them

i use glitter tattoo's at my pamper parties and they always go down well :) not to mention the night me and hubby got drunk and i put a pink glitter rabbit on his bum :) it lasted through 3 days of scrubbing in the shower :) a winner all round

x

haha :lol: high hopes. I'll need to keep that in mind when practicing on my boyfriend!!!

i use glitter tattoo's at my pamper parties and they always go down well :) not to mention the night me and hubby got drunk and i put a pink glitter rabbit on his bum :) it lasted through 3 days of scrubbing in the shower :) a winner all round

x

hi can i ask where do you get them from and are they expensive.?

GLITTER TATTOOS - Home

this is the website i found against their name for the scottish beauty show

high hopes - are they easy to apply?

i get mine from a local supplier i will find the website address, its facade something. . . i will look it up. Yes they are really easy to apply, the hard part is choosing which stencils to buy there are soooooo many :)
They choose a stencil, you stick it onto the skin and cover the area in the glue, then you sprinkle the glitter over. Remove the excess and its done :)
x

GLITTER TATTOOS - Home

this is the website i found against their name for the scottish beauty show

high hopes - are they easy to apply?

just looked at this website, they supply glitter puffer's which are great and make it even easier to do ! And much quicker.
x

ive just had a look at the link and think these are great id heard of glitter tatoos before but did not no they was this easy, i am definatly going to order a kit the kids will love this and ill be the favorite my little cousins for a while haha x

what a great idea! id quite like to offer that myself!

is there any insurance requirements needed or could i - as it were- offer it tomorrow?

sorry for taking over ur thread and stealing ur idea, but i think they look fab and could see it goin down well in my salon :)

yeah, i think there great. the more i look at the website the more i like it

my neice whose 2 and another thats 3 have been going about with transfers on them and they've been on them for weeks and half are peeling off

the pair of them would love sparkly girly tattoos.

i'm going to check it out when i'm at the beauty show in edinburgh.

thats a good question about insurance though.

p.s that was £5 for each tattoo my friend paid and she was delighted that they were happy and thought it was good value for money

also, i'm hoping to start with spray tans first and a lot of the people that will come to me will probably bring there children so hoping to glitter them whilst there here.

maybe high hopes could give us the know on the insurance, any training requirment needed for it ( i realise is as simple as glue and glitter lol but meant for the insurance!) and the contra-indications for the service.

i feel a glitter epidemic sweeping the nation very soon!! :D

i've sent them a wee email to enquire about them and to see if they know about insurance

morning !
as far as insurance goes i am insured to do childrens pamper parties so the glitter tattoos were just an add on to that :)
All the products in the kits are totally child friendly and in 3 years i havent once had any problem with a reaction (oooops probably just jinxed myself!!!)

carron - thats exactly how i started by doing them on the children whose mums were coming for treatments :)

They are alot of fun

x

Ive just ordered the kit from Glitter Tattoos... cant wait to get it!!!

you'll need to let us know when your order arrives.

i don't know if i can wait till the beauty show to buy them. might have to stick a sneaky wee order in!!!

im dying to order one but am holding back! Dont want to order it and not be able to do anything with it :/

Highhopes - is it something u need to be insured in? i guess it should be as its a service and being applied to skin, do u have to run through any contra - indications before u apply?

im dying to order one but am holding back! Dont want to order it and not be able to do anything with it :/

Highhopes - is it something u need to be insured in? i guess it should be as its a service and being applied to skin, do u have to run through any contra - indications before u apply?

when i added this service my insurance costs didnt change. I assume because i was already insured to apply make up etc.
I always explain to the parent whats involved (which is essentially just a bit of glue and glitter) and remember that when it comes to kids they will always be with a parent so you can always get written consent if your concerned.
As for contraindications if the child has really sensative or dry skin i would do a small patch test with the glue first.

x

I've just contacted my insurance company and have been told that I must have a certificate of training to have it added to my insurance!

Surely you don't have to have training on applying glue and glitter and if you do has anyone ever heard of it?

I'm really disappointed.:confused:

I've just contacted my insurance company and have been told that I must have a certificate of training to have it added to my insurance!

Surely you don't have to have training on applying glue and glitter and if you do has anyone ever heard of it?

I'm really disappointed.:confused:

hmmm who are u insured with?
as ar as i am aware there is no training available for it. Its like applying a transfer
x

Latest posts

Back