Treatment timeing delema need advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lavander Rose

Reaction score
HI everyone

I need some advice from you guys please

What would you do in this situation?

I rent rooms above a hairdressers now and I work around there opening and closing times ive only been there a short while and just about getting used the staff there which i must say are really nice.

I wanted to ask for some advice please, what would you do in this situation?

I had 3 clients in yesturday which is good for me as Ive not long been there but today did,nt have any clients in all day:cry: so you could say I was bored lol. at 5 o.clock turned my wax pot off etc thought thats it will be closing at 5.30pm hairdressers downstairs closes at this time on a wednesday, but AT 5.20PM the phone rang yes it was for me :) client wanting to book in for next wednesday great I thought but to my dismay she wants to come in at 4.30 for a manicure, pedicure and a eyebrow/lash tint.

MY delema is now ive only got an hour to do all this but it is a very potential client as I am trying to build up my client base. so what did i do booked her in not thinking properly at the time:eek:.

so what would any of you thereapists suggest i do or what would you do in my situation.
1. ask for the hair salon owner to possibly stay open a little bit longer.
2. call the client back and see if she could come in a bit earlier.
3. call the client back and see if she could rebook maybe the next day which is an 8.30pm close,
arrrrrrrrrrrrrr what do i do i dont want to loose this client which is the most important thing, but id loose money towards my rent too arrrrrrrrrrrrr I should,nt of booked her in but has it was the end of the day she caught me off guard. Please can anyone advise me what I should do??

I would ask the owner of the hair salon if you could have the key to lock up as that day you will be working later. But ask tomorrow as if they say no you have plenty of time to work something else out.

Why dont u explain the situation to hair salon owner first and ask would they mind stayin on just as a once off? If they wont well then ring your client back, see if they will come in a bit earlier or the next day and apoligise for the mistake.

I would agree, if you're running your business from there you really should have access to a set of keys, if not your own set. I would ask them if you could borrow someones, or if someone would be able to stay there with you. I'm sure they will understand!!
Good luck, let us know how it goes!!

As you are renting a room there, you should be allowed to come and go as you please and work the hours that you chose,
what about the clients that work also and can only do early evening appointments,
you need your own set of keys hun :hug:

ask for either a set of keys or for someone to stay behind. also ask about a set of keys for the future.

Hi everyone

Thankyou all for all the advice that you have posted back to me. Ive been in a right state all night and my husband keeps saying the hair salon manager will have to just stay behind this once or like you have all said let me take a set of keys and close it up myself.

This is going to ba a one off thing anyway but im so worried about approaching him about it gaud I hope he does,nt mind, id of been alright with just the manicure and pedicure i could of done that easy within 50 minutes lol.
then she had to add on the lash and brow tint :eek: what is a beautician surposed to do , loose a client coz of it and loose rent money.

I think I made the right decision did,nt I?

Thanks again guys

Well I have just handed my notice in on my room for this exact reason. The hairdresser I rented from wasn't willing to be flexible at all for me so I'm off!! I have now got a room where I can come and go as I please as I'm not attached to another salon.

Be careful. This situation is something that will happen again and you and the hairdresser are going to have to come to an agreement over how you will handle it.

Good luck!:hug:

I think you should ask to lock up that night. I wouldn't try to rush the treatments as the client might feel short changed and not come back! Think a set of keys is a good idea for future. x

I had a salon above a hairdressers, but had to get in through the hairdressers. I had my own set of keys to come and go as I pleased! At the end of the day my stuff was there and I wanted access when I needed it!

I am moving to a hair salon next week and I will be given a set of keys so that I am not resricted to their hours.

You shouldn't be scared to approach the owner. You have a perfectly legitimate reason for needing to be there later.

I just wanted to say a BIG thankyou to everyone that has replied to this thread.

I am dreading doing this client now due to the fact that Ill have to run overtime, oh why oh why did she have to add another treatment on after I had said ok to the fist two treatments

And I think he,s a bit pead off about it too, and NO mention about keys :cry:

I dont feel comfortable about asking for keys just yet as to be honest I feel uncomfortable at times working there the atmosphere sometimes gives me chills.

the salon comes across very bitchy and makes you feel that your getting talked about when your out of the way.

Problem is i,m not the quite kind when it comes to things like that coz I hate it but at the moment i,m having to bite my tongue and count to 10 otherwise I might regret it.

so now I dont really bother unless i have too to be honest not worth the hassle getting to old for all that rubbish LOL.

Thanks again everyone :hug:

Last edited:
I think that you have only two options:
1. Tell the client that the latest that you can see her is 3.30pm
2. Ask the owner if you can have a key.

xxxx

Latest posts

Back