True or false, keratin glue doesn't remove with acetone.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaz

Reaction score
As the title say, can you remove keratin glue with acetone, read on lush us uk that you have to have a special remover!!

I have purchase the polyamide glue, this says it kinder to hair and can be removed with acetone.

New to extensions the training I had was rubbish . No theory really, just practical. Waisted my money wasn't even habia approved. Never mind I'll recap it on my level 3 next year..

As the title say, can you remove keratin glue with acetone, read on lush us uk that you have to have a special remover!!

I have purchase the polyamide glue, this says it kinder to hair and can be removed with acetone.

New to extensions the training I had was rubbish . No theory really, just practical. Waisted my money wasn't even habia approved. Never mind I'll recap it on my level 3 next year..

Hey, yes you can use acetone to remove all keratin glue but make sure you use hair pliers, in my training we used pure acetone and pliers to crush them out x

Cheers. I used acetone and hair pliers on my friends, and god they took ages to get out, the bonds didn't want to break down..

I thought that I was using the wrong product to remove, when I read that you had to use a special remover on lush us..

Honestly I have been there too and didn't find the acetone good at all! Now I use a special remover found at paks and sally have one too that is more oil based but it is so quick! Leaves the hair super greasy though so have to wash it very thoroughly after. Recently got my Balmain remover gun though which makes it all easier, would really recommend especially when working with the really hard types of glues like the Balmain ones.

Honestly I have been there too and didn't find the acetone good at all! Now I use a special remover found at paks and sally have one too that is more oil based but it is so quick! Leaves the hair super greasy though so have to wash it very thoroughly after. Recently got my Balmain remover gun though which makes it all easier, would really recommend especially when working with the really hard types of glues like the Balmain ones.

me too!! can take equally as long to remove them with acetone alone as it did to put them in sometimes!!
im getting the lush-us remover delivered today and will be using it next week, so hopefully its a reasonable quality :)

Can anyone buy the balmain remover gun?? I'm not trained with them. Good to know that it easier to remove with the special remover, I'll get some. Doesn't hurt to try!

me too!! can take equally as long to remove them with acetone alone as it did to put them in sometimes!!
im getting the lush-us remover delivered today and will be using it next week, so hopefully its a reasonable quality :)

Let me know how you get on with the remover. The other glue I purchased has only has 1 months self life, comes in packs of 10, I will be wasting most if it, has I don't do many at moment. So I will go back to keratin sticks.

Let me know how you get on with the remover. The other glue I purchased has only has 1 months self life, comes in packs of 10, I will be wasting most if it, has I don't do many at moment. So I will go back to keratin sticks.

had a wee cancelation there so removed my own extensions - 1hr start to finish to remove a full head of pre bonded hair using the lush us product, i used about half the bottle. i suppose on a client this time would be less as would the product usage though as you would be able to see what you are doing!! had to shampoo 3x as its veeeery oily but otherwise im quite impressed :)

Def getting some. Thanks for reply x

Latest posts

Back