TV Advertising nails and beauty they want me....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicxzy

Reaction score
I had a phone call earlier from a tv production company who install LCD tvs in hairdressers/salons other businesses.
Apparently a hairdressers in town is looking to have the tvs installed next to each clients chair and it will show adverts and features etc.
They dont do nails/beauty and wanted to know if I would be interested in advertising with them???
Someone is coming to see us tomorrow about it she said we have been recommended but seeing as we r fairly new I think they just got our names from the ad in the local paper.
They want £15 a week minimum contract a year.
I pay £32 a week to the local paper which has been rubbish so it will be quite cheap if it works...
Just wondered what anyone else thinks or has anyone used this before???
Sorry for droning on a bit!

My honest gut reaction is don't do it!

Yeah that was mine too! if theyu would let me do it for a month I would try it...the ad runs every 30 mins on the screen.

i remember getting a call form them regarding this too, didn't have the money to do it but to be honest i don't think i would anyway!

xx

Oh god he's coming round tomorrow! arrgh! how do I get rid?

vicxzy said:
Oh god he's coming round tomorrow! arrgh! how do I get rid?

can you ring up and cancel the appointment, if you can't and he comes round then make sure you don't agree to anything...you know what sales people are like!! just tell him you'll let him know

xx

Nooo! I cant even remember the companies name she called me real early this morning and woke me up so it wasnt the best time...:rolleyes:

£32 a week to reach thousands of people in your area or £15 to reach just those who get their hair done at that particular salon - hmmmmmm.....

I'd say it's a no-brainer! :green:

vodkababe said:
£32 a week to reach thousands of people in your area or £15 to reach just those who get their hair done at that particular salon - hmmmmmm.....

I'd say it's a no-brainer! :green:
Haha yeah it would be if thousands of people lived round here I wish they did!
The thing is at least you know that if someone is in the hairdressers they are interested in making themselves look good..
Our local paper is mostly read by farmers and I just have to hope they show the ads to their wives!

i had s similar thing when i lived in gosport it was a company who installed lcd in a post office in lee on solent they wanted to do an advert for me so people would see me for the amount of people who would see the ad..(a village) it wasnt woth the money

Hi, just be blunt and tell them straight you have run out of advertising budget! And stick to your guns. Remember, they are trained to work on your weaknesses.

Cathy

oooooooooh! Thanks guys I am scared now tho

Latest posts

Back