Types of hair foils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rees

Reaction score
Hello

I'm going to be doing some foils for a friend next week, i usually use the typical foil technique by just wrapping it on my tail comb and then applying the foil as close to the scalp.

Sometimes my foils can slip down while i hold by putting the colour on and i have at times got into such a mess with another person, but then i heard something called ( Zipa foils.

I just wondered have anyone here used these ( zipa foils, if so are they also available for UK suppliers.

Thanks

Hi I have never heard of those but I have used easi meche for the first time today since going mobile as I wanted something that I thought might be quicker as well as no slip and they are fantastic, It takes half the time to do a full head and they stay put. I hated doing foils but can,t wait to do the next lot with easi meche x

Hi I have never heard of those but I have used easi meche for the first time today since going mobile as I wanted something that I thought might be quicker as well as no slip and they are fantastic, It takes half the time to do a full head and they stay put. I hated doing foils but can,t wait to do the next lot with easi meche x

Hi susanm

I've seen those easy mesh foils on sally's how do they differ from basic foils, the zipa foils have a sticky end that you attach to the scalp i think it was designed to take the work out holding up those foils. lol

Hi, easi meche is the same, has a sticky strip at the top and a clear front so you can see how colour is developing without the hassle of undoing like you do with foils, I will be amazed if you don't like these they are so easy, I used to dread foils but no more .

Hi me again, I have just read your note again and realized you were probably looking at easi meche foil don't buy those ones make sure it is just easi meche (they are plastic with clear film on the front) xx

i dont like easi-meche at all, i like the good comb and foil method, why exactly are the foils slipping? i know its a knack but once u have it it sticks, weave the hair u want to foil, hold it forward from its parting stick the foil in and pull it down tight, so long as ur putting a fair amount of colour up near the root the foil shud stick to the hair and shudnt budge, if it does slip ever so slightly before u folk jus gently lay the foil flat on ur free palm and ull the hair to the foil with ur tint brush . . . havin only ever used foil and havin the security of pushing it right to the root with a comb, easi meche gave me bleeders as i wasnt used to not using a comb to jam them in haha :)

Spanner in the works here.... Iv never used a comb to get my foil in! Years of practice and I can say I'm always in at the root.

Another tip- a girl I used to work with used to get the tint brush, splat some tint on the foil, then put it in and that helped it stick from the start. Worth a try. X

i dont like easi-meche at all, i like the good comb and foil method, why exactly are the foils slipping? i know its a knack but once u have it it sticks, weave the hair u want to foil, hold it forward from its parting stick the foil in and pull it down tight, so long as ur putting a fair amount of colour up near the root the foil shud stick to the hair and shudnt budge, if it does slip ever so slightly before u folk jus gently lay the foil flat on ur free palm and ull the hair to the foil with ur tint brush . . . havin only ever used foil and havin the security of pushing it right to the root with a comb, easi meche gave me bleeders as i wasnt used to not using a comb to jam them in haha :)

Hi

Its only happend a few times and the end results could of been alot better, but now if i apply the colour on underneth the hair section first then on top it usually holds the foils better.

I've always prefered using foils then the cap, so i just wanted to see what other foils were available to use.

I think i will give easy mesh a try just to see how i go.:)

Spanner in the works here.... Iv never used a comb to get my foil in! Years of practice and I can say I'm always in at the root.

Another tip- a girl I used to work with used to get the tint brush, splat some tint on the foil, then put it in and that helped it stick from the start. Worth a try. X

Hi

Thanks for that tip there's nothing like having perfect foil sections, it took me forever to get my weave technique to a good standard, i find most of the time i prefer doing thin weave's when foiling then doing thick slices.

i used to do the splat of colour on the foil to haha then someone showed me the comb thingy and ive jus gotten so used to it now :) x

Does everyone do the comb thing?! Mental. Lol x

I cheat even more by using a weave comb from Aston and fincher, get your section then instead of weaving with a tail or pin tail comb I stick this through from the bottom and it does my weaves for me:) full head foils in about 45 mins

Sent from my iPod touch using SalonGeek

Lol I used to work with someone who used one of them. I get a full head in in 45-60 mins anyway- loadsa practice! X

i use a pin tail comb:) i tried the easi mesh but found them difficult... maybe good for flashs of colour... x

i've always used a pintail comb and foil. I have no idea how else you would do it? When i used mech i found it didn't get right to the root.

Latest posts

Back