Unhappy Client or scam?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darmani

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on dealing with an unhappy client. In years past complaints appeared very legitimate and followed with a client asking for a redo or even their money back, today just seems like there is a trend out there that people are scamming the system to get away with free services. It becomes more and more difficult to comp services when you look at the person and cant see one thing wrong with the service performed.
Am I just over reading this or is the same things happening to everyone? And what can you do to stop this

First, welcome to Salongeek!

I think there are SOME people out there that will try to get something for nothing but I don't feel they are the majority.

When someone calls and wants a refund/re-do, what is your policy? Also, is your policy posted for ALL to see? That would help.

If someone wants a refund, then they have to leave with NO nails. They cannot have their 'bad' nails AND their money back. No way!

HTH! :)

Current Policy: Service challenges must be brought to our attention within seven days of the original service date.
This has never been an issue thus far, just seems to show signs of trouble. customers appear to be more aggressive than usual. I really don't know how to react to it.
We did a redo with a master stylist, customer said it was better but still wanted her money back, then posted a bad review saying we would refund the entire service.
I'm Baffled!!

i have had this many times.I find i can go a year or so without anything and then like you say they want a redo and their cash!
i make a point of telling them if they have it redone they dont have their cash back and to be honest if in my eyes their isint a fault they get neither.
I had someone a while ago who came in for a cut and blowdry was very vague about what she wanted so i made her show me a picture of the length i was very,very specific that she understood exactly what i was going to do and that she agreed with it.
Afterwards she was swishing her hair around saying how great it was and bounced out the door then 2 days later i recieved a letter from her husband saying that i had ruined her hair and she needed extensions that i would have to pay for.
Apparently she had told me that i cut it too short and when she pointed it out i said "ah well nevermind you wont have to get it cut so soon will you?" as if,i would never say anything like that to anyone.
I ignored the letter and received another one 2 weeks later saying if i dident refund them they were going to the newspapers,lol
i wrote back this time and basically told him that she wasent being honest at all and if she wasent happy then all i would offer was for her to come in to see me and i will fix what she wasent happy with and i also warned that if they did go to the press i would take them to court for slander.
Needless to say i never heard another word.
I think people just try to push for freebies sometimes
xxxxx

I've had this problem twice, first time I refunded due to client bullying. I learnt my lesson & toughened up so when the 2 nd one tried it on I stood up to her demands of money back for tan & nails buy wouldn't let me see what the problem was!! We live in a sue happy society now so people think they will get refunds with threats of court action!!

Back