Unpredictable spray tan due to hormones?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tina1987

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Has anyone experienced problems whilst spray tanning pregnant or recently pregnant women?

I have a regular client who had spray tans each week, she then fell pregnant and midway through her pregnancy she started having spray tans again - however they were unpredictable, sometimes the solution wouldnt take as well on her skin or when it did it would go "scaly" after a day or so.

I then have a new client who has recently had a baby, she liked the colour of the tan but said it went scaly after a couple of days. She did admit that she didnt moisturise as much as she should have done but could it be that her hormones are still up the wall and could this be having an effect on her tan/skin?

I really would appreciate your views as I want her to use me again but I dont want to put her off using Sienna X if she thinks I'm to blame for it not wearing off well.

On a separate note, what is the most recommended moisturiser to use? I use all of Sienna's X products but some of my clients cannot afford to and therefore ask me for an alternative, I know they shouldnt use oil based products but do you have any firm favorites that you use?

Thank you xx

I don't spray tan pregnant ladies for this reason, I know some will but I prefer not to x

Hi Ladies,

Has anyone experienced problems whilst spray tanning pregnant or recently pregnant women?

I have a regular client who had spray tans each week, she then fell pregnant and midway through her pregnancy she started having spray tans again - however they were unpredictable, sometimes the solution wouldnt take as well on her skin or when it did it would go "scaly" after a day or so.

I then have a new client who has recently had a baby, she liked the colour of the tan but said it went scaly after a couple of days. She did admit that she didnt moisturise as much as she should have done but could it be that her hormones are still up the wall and could this be having an effect on her tan/skin?

I really would appreciate your views as I want her to use me again but I dont want to put her off using Sienna X if she thinks I'm to blame for it not wearing off well.

On a separate note, what is the most recommended moisturiser to use? I use all of Sienna's X products but some of my clients cannot afford to and therefore ask me for an alternative, I know they shouldnt use oil based products but do you have any firm favorites that you use?

Thank you xx

As for moisteriser I myself use baby lotion & tell my clients too also x

As for moisteriser I myself use baby lotion & tell my clients too also x

Really? I was always told to recommend oil free moisturisers xx

I regularly spray tan my sister who is 7 months pregnant and so far I don't think she's had any problems. It is always possible though, so maybe just advise pregnant women that it may not come out as perfectly as normal, then if they want to go ahead, it's their choice. HTH.

Really? I was always told to recommend oil free moisturisers xx

I was unsure of it at first but after using it myself it was fine, a few ladies said they use baby lotion with no problems too so now I recommend it & have had nobody complain x x

My experience when I was pregnant with my third child was that the tan wouldn't take to my skin, it wouldn't dry at all, had my regular tan, same place same person but with baby 3 towards the end of my pregnancy for some reason it wouldn't take, she even had me come back the following day to try again..... It didn't work either, she offered me a refund which I didn't take.
Had my baby a couple of weeks later and next tan worked a treat, I always keep my experience in mind when I'm asked to tan a pregnant lady.

Latest posts

Back