Unsure about starting up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
ive just bought a salon and now im getting worried its a realy bad time to start up. it was already running already so im just changing a few things.

my partner is firmly behind it but im starting to get cold feet..even though i really want to do it. would you think its a big risk in the current climate?

has anyone else started up recently?
or how has it affected other salon owners?

Seeing as you have brought it already there is not turning back!!!

I started my business offically in January, a home based salon. I have to say it has gone better than id expected. I dont offer real pamper tratments like massage or facials but the everyday stuff waxing, mani's pedi's, enhancements and tanning.

I am busy most nights as i only open the salon then and i love it. People will always have their waxing and nails done despite a recession. They might not be buying new cars anymore but ladies will refuse to go around with bushy eyebrows and hairy legs!!!!!!!!!!

Id say forget your worries and throw everything you have into making it a sucess.

The only influencing factor in wether or not your business makes it will be YOU.

yeah its too late now.

il let you know in the few weeks how it goes.

just ive been told by a few people thats its such a bad time etc and it was starting to give me doubts.

it can only work if you make it work! i see that your a hair geek and i think you will survive better than a beauty geek. everyone that gets their hair done will still get it done because they cant do a mesh or cut it themselves while the beauty end they could get veet wax strips or use tan themselves so i think hairdressers have a better chance at surviving than beauty therapists.

but keep your chin up and try and promote your salon as much as possible. i cant see why your business cant survive when everyone else is.

good luck
xxxx

I agree its not the easiest of times but i bet most of the salons around you are still open!
I'm just outside London and although we saw a dip, things are ok and getting better.
If you have bought the salon then too late!

thanks i feel abit more positive now.

Latest posts

Back