Untrained Nail Tech's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cath.p.

Reaction score
This is quite scary. I had a client yesterday who told me that she used to do nails.... for about a week! It turns out that she applied for a job at a well known nail salon in Blackpool, without any nail training atall! One of the girls there showed her what to do and the manager let her loose on the paying public.. eek! This was common practice apparently:Scared: . She said she left because she couldnt get the hang of it!!(after a week i'm not suprised). Can't belive that places like this exist, it should be illegal. What do you all think?

im only just studing at college doing nails, i won't even think about applying for any jobs which involves working in the public. i bet they even charge their customers full price.

i only work on my friends to get the practise.
the salon should be shut down if they employ people with no training or knowledge of any treatment being offered.

hiya, i cant imagine that they are going to be in business very long as surely the nails are of a bad standard using staff with no training....the word will spread. The owner could also get her fingers burnt when someone gets hurt by the untrained staff she employs and gets taken to court.

let her dig her own grave if thats what she wants to do.

xxx

This is a very stupid and dangerous way to run a salon.
For one you can't get insurance for untrained employees, So in the event of a claim you've had it.
Clients are being conned and having their nails ruined by amatuers posing as professinals.

i went to a local salon a few weeks ago, and and i got chatting to this girl about nails etc... and she said that they just showed her how to do l&p!! she hadnt done any proper training or anything. i have only just completed 4 day fc and i have to say that there is so much more than i thought involved in it! how can you just be shown once how to do it then do it on clients? is this right?
xx

valid point!
lell said:
This is a very stupid and dangerous way to run a salon.
For one you can't get insurance for untrained employees, So in the event of a claim you've had it.
Clients are being conned and having their nails ruined by amatuers posing as professinals.

Latest posts

Back